Author Topic: For those who thought main gunning is bad in here...  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: For those who thought main gunning is bad in here...
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »
Shooting an HE round that explodes under a plane is not main gunning them. To "main gun" them, you need to hit the plane with the round itself.

Then we should just tell these idiots who get main gunned to stop strafing tanks at low angles of attack like imbeciles.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »
I didn't use the plane's icon range for this shot.  I ranged my gun by blowing up the fuel tanks that I knew were close to the runway.  It's hard to see the plane/icon but it flies in to land from the right.  Roughly 1.6K, then I used Kentucky windage to calculate lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUeDy9IUczY&list=UUGJG5MO8EzB5HA4u6Q4QXow

:cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

Congratulations, you've managed to find a way to kill those heinous pilots that have the audacity to fly a plane in Aces High without actually flying a plane yourself.  Maybe we could reduce the icon range that aircraft see the tanks so you are harder to find without reducing the GV's ability to see them......oh, wait.............
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
Congratulations, you've managed to find a way to kill those heinous pilots that have the audacity to fly a plane in Aces High without actually flying a plane yourself.  Maybe we could reduce the icon range that aircraft see the tanks so you are harder to find without reducing the GV's ability to see them......oh, wait.............

I haven't really gv'd since coming back.  I think it's more fun to bomb a gv from the air than gun a plane from a gv.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
Then we should just tell these idiots who get main gunned to stop strafing tanks at low angles of attack like imbeciles.

Eventually they will learn to do so, but until they do, it provides for some good fun and laughs for the tankers who are able to to main gun them.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2014, 11:17:33 AM »
even in the -70s, western world had range laser and computer aided lead for main cannon.
One Swedish example is the IKV91 light tank destroyer.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
I main-gunned a spitfire last night, 1000 yds-90 degree deflection shot, lucky perhaps but it was awesome  :rock