Author Topic: Ethics of HO Shooting.....  (Read 14576 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Ethics of HO Shooting.....
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2014, 03:28:31 PM »
So you like to play these games in part because nobody whines to you about anything, but in your signature here you expound on the goodness that is a PM whine?  lol

Here the whines are expected...especially from the usual sources. In those games its far more focused on the simulation aspect than as a "game". That seems to be the crux of your arguement...its a "game"...and it certainly is just that. But AH touts itself as a simulation as well...and so why wouldnt one use the tactics that worked for the period simulated?

If you are looking for a "game"...I suggest you try out War Thunder.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2014, 04:06:07 PM »
Here the whines are expected...especially from the usual sources. In those games its far more focused on the simulation aspect than as a "game". That seems to be the crux of your arguement...its a "game"...and it certainly is just that. But AH touts itself as a simulation as well...and so why wouldnt one use the tactics that worked for the period simulated?

HiTech said it was "a game", many moons ago.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »
Personally I think HOin can be boiled down to two simple schools of thought, are you after a kill, or a fight?

Kills, HO away! its easy and if your aim/timing is good you will get plenty of kills.

Fights, work yourself into a position where the enemy plane can do nothing but die while never having a shot at you, that's a fight.

The vocal minority here on the boards seem to favor fights and so continue to try and show the way. After all the game is more fun when people fight right?

Fugi,

Front quarter shots require as much skill as saddling up your opponents 6.  Don't EVAH forget that.  lol  

I'm sure someone will come along shortly with a completely obtuse response to remind everyone that 360 degrees of target is accuracy, and a lot of ACM is required to obtain that shot.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:15:42 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: November 08, 2014, 04:20:08 PM »
Actually I wasnt. Its one of the reasons I left.

I do miss having my 12 cleared.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2014, 07:11:44 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:42:36 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2014, 07:37:52 PM »
Ah. I see the fan mail has started.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »

So in your opinion is AH a game or a simulation?  Maybe you ride the fence and believe it's a gameulation?  You know, compromises have been made... that kind of thing?

Ah. I see the fan mail has started.

One thing I've learned about Canspec is... he's a really nice guy, but if your level of BS rises to the level where you need to be told you're full of it, he tells you.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:42:52 PM by Skuzzy »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
So in your opinion is AH a game or a simulation?  Maybe you ride the fence and believe it's a gameulation?  You know, compromises have been made... that kind of thing?

One thing I've learned about Canspec is... he's a really nice guy, but if your level of BS rises to the level where you need to be told you're full of it, he tells you.   :)

It's a simulation in my view....and in the view of many others.  If it was simply a "game" I'd have lost interest in it a long time ago.

As for "Nice guy" Canspec:

All I've done is point out the flaws in your views and poke some fun with a few humorous drawings.  No usage of profanity.  No calling you a jerk or a "t__t".  His response is to go right into the gutter.  Nice....and you wonder why some really dislike you guys?  Hint:  It's not because of your mad  "skillz".  It's because you tend to bring every conversation down to the lowest level possible i.e. names and insults.  It may be pride, ego or other things...but it really doesn't matter.  ANY dispute with members of your squad spirals into the cesspool eventually....it's the way of things I suppose.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2014, 08:47:16 PM »
I do miss having my 12 cleared.

:lol  If you are having this problem I suggest you shoot faster.  :aok

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »
Fugi,

Front quarter shots require as much skill as saddling up your opponents 6.  Don't EVAH forget that.  lol  

I'm sure someone will come along shortly with a completely obtuse response to remind everyone that 360 degrees of target is accuracy, and a lot of ACM is required to obtain that shot.

And remember as well....only the "brave" feel they shouldn't have to worry about incoming fire from any quarter except their 6. 

It's the sign of true skill!  :aok

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »
It's a simulation in my view....and in the view of many others.  If it was simply a "game" I'd have lost interest in it a long time ago.

As for "Nice guy" Canspec:

So people like me are treating this like a game when we would prefer others to not face shoot?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2014, 10:02:16 PM »
And they booted Vraciu for acting tardish?  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/