Author Topic: Ethics of HO Shooting.....  (Read 14207 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Ethics of HO Shooting.....
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »
I've personally seen you say "took all 3 of you"
Your a waste of time, 15 months ago we can probably find a thread where your holding Changeup's hand about HOs

To try to say you guys don't blame the other person is just flat out wrong, everyone has seen it on 200(everyone does it) And a lot of the time certain scenarios do come out as a really no win for a pilot, nothing they could of done.

Example. Say a P51 runs into a CO alt dora with a spit 16 following behind at like 8K. P51 engages the dora then the Spit comes into view. Only way the P51 wins this fight is if he kills the dora. Say it's Krupnski in the 51 vs Pervert in the dora....that's a long fight because their skill matchs up pretty well. Now the Spit will have time to see this, is it a squad die in the dora? Does he let him fight it out until the death(these fights don't come along often in the MA) or does he easily saddle the engaged con.

Point being there are no win scenarios where a pilot can fly amazing but just can't get away and because dar bar isn't completely accurate SA does have some unpredictability you have to account for.

You forgot something.

Then the Spit HOs Krup in the 51 and Krup screams "noob!!"
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2014, 02:19:24 PM »
You forgot something.

Then the Spit HOs Krup in the 51 and Krup screams "noob!!"
haha true
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2014, 02:39:18 PM »

And that statement somehow completely rejects personal responsibility? You need to learn language mechanics - nowhere in the statement of "It took 3 of you" are we stating that it wasn't our fault, nor is it implied. On the contrary, we put ourselves in the situation. We're simply laughing at the fact it took 3.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »
This is not the same as blaming them for killing me, it's still my fault that I got jumped by 3. Saying it took 3 of them is more letting them know to look out for me if they are on their own...You said the same thing yesterday when Skyyr, Scoober, and I caught you low in your 109, you evaded a few passes and said GK you 3...did you receive a negative response? or a response at all? Was it our fault you were low and alone?

To try to say you guys don't blame the other person is just flat out wrong, everyone has seen it on 200(everyone does it) And a lot of the time certain scenarios do come out as a really no win for a pilot, nothing they could of done.

Example. Say a P51 runs into a CO alt dora with a spit 16 following behind at like 8K. P51 engages the dora then the Spit comes into view. Only way the P51 wins this fight is if he kills the dora. Say it's Krupnski in the 51 vs Pervert in the dora....that's a long fight because their skill matchs up pretty well. Now the Spit will have time to see this, is it a squad die in the dora? Does he let him fight it out until the death(these fights don't come along often in the MA) or does he easily saddle the engaged con.

Point being there are no win scenarios where a pilot can fly amazing but just can't get away and because dar bar isn't completely accurate SA does have some unpredictability you have to account for.

The 51 can dive away if he is fighting a dora and something else comes in, the fact that he didn't have the SA to see the spit in time still his fault. Of course he had the option to continue fighting the Dora and hope He kills him quickly enough to try and fight the spit, but in the end he is the one that makes those choices and is ultimately responsible for his defeat or victory..

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »
This has just gone off the rails.  Too far gone to be salvaged.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com