Author Topic: Please  (Read 2592 times)

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Please
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 12:41:12 AM »
For PT's it's easy now.  Hit shft-S and wait till you hear the engine idle down.  You will see the speedo is at zero and that's "stopped".  The trick is to be in the right place (task group/port) to get the landing. 

I have never failed to get a good landing in a gv.  Autofilm your sorties, and if you get a ditch when you think you should have gotten a landing send the film in.  I have never know HTC to ignore a bug that's a bug...  Never...

I'm really not sufficiently fussed about it to want to claim back perks etc but across the board the end of sorties needs looking at. If you go to the effort of flying your beat up plane with a wounded driver and half a tailplane back home and landing 1/2 inch from the runway, you should not be winding up with a ditch.

Similarly if you drive your silly little tank for two hours to get to some arbitrary line of demarcation so you can land in, the should be some indication of when you arrive. Or not  :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 09:17:25 AM »
I'm really not sufficiently fussed about it to want to claim back perks etc but across the board the end of sorties needs looking at. If you go to the effort of flying your beat up plane with a wounded driver and half a tailplane back home and landing 1/2 inch from the runway, you should not be winding up with a ditch.

Similarly if you drive your silly little tank for two hours to get to some arbitrary line of demarcation so you can land in, the should be some indication of when you arrive. Or not  :old:

Half an inch off the runway a ditch? Certainly!  You did NOT complete the mission because you missed the runway by half an inch. It's an all or nothing thing, try harder next time.

Gv landing save are the same. Learn the rules and it is pretty easy to do it right

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »

At least we don't have grass airfields, because we wouldn't be able to successfully land at them.  :neener:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »
Absolutely. No one can land on grass and  survive. Never been done. Certainly not in the likes of aircraft of the vintage that we all pretend to fly. Why the tales of CO's cussing out badly wounded pilots for rolling off the end of the runway whilst unconscious from blood loss are legion. Although bellying your plane with perfectly serviceable u/c because you stop easier and quicker is absolutely no problem   :bhead
The GFC

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »
I have never gotten a ditch sitting on concrete.

It is possible if you are going slow enough but not completely stopped; I've had it happen several times.  You should hit E and make sure the vehicle has stopped moving and stopped pitching on it's suspension (yes, AH vehicles have working suspensions).

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 03:56:55 PM »
Absolutely. No one can land on grass and  survive. Never been done. Certainly not in the likes of aircraft of the vintage that we all pretend to fly. Why the tales of CO's cussing out badly wounded pilots for rolling off the end of the runway whilst unconscious from blood loss are legion. Although bellying your plane with perfectly serviceable u/c because you stop easier and quicker is absolutely no problem   :bhead

If they make a change in the landing/ditch setup I hope this is it, land with your wheels up and its a ditch no matter where you stop. Keep it the way it is with wheels down.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
Danny games engineered in texas are immediately anti English. It's just you my friend. :angel:
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2014, 11:27:59 PM »
After thousands of GV sorties I've never not landed successfully on concrete.  You're either still moving or your controller is spiking creating movement.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 01:29:14 AM »
Danny games engineered in texas are immediately anti English. It's just you my friend. :angel:

Now I understand. That's no problem then. As everyone knows it is impossible to discriminate against straight white English males. :old:

:salute DD Sir
The GFC

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2014, 03:19:04 PM »
I was thinking a little red and green paint would fix the issue.

HiTech

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »
Red/green paint? I see no red or green paint.. Please explain...  And provide more pics
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
Red/green paint? I see no red or green paint.. Please explain...  And provide more pics

The "End Sortie" is green, if it is safe to exit your ride.  "Red" if it is not safe to exit.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »
What means "safe to exit" in this context? Is it just about sitting still or does it account for enemy cons in the vicinity, which is important for a "safe" exit in GV?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
All I know is, right at this moment, is if it shows it green, you are cleared to exit with a good landing.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
I was thinking a little red and green paint would fix the issue.

HiTech

I may or may not have dribbled all over my desk, and keyboard....and myself...
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.