Author Topic: Current MA maps  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Current MA maps
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 12:42:53 PM »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Monty405

• Copper Member
      • http://www3.sympatico.ca/carol.haynes/
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 10:05:13 AM »
I just re-subbed after a long absence...

Why was Pizza and Trinity removed?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 11:21:16 AM »
I just re-subbed after a long absence...

Why was Pizza and Trinity removed?

Pizza was removed because the source file were lost and it could not be updated to the next Gen graphics we use now. Trinity was remove...it is believe as no one really knows... because it became a stale map with only 2 really congested bases that hordes hung over. The map was rarely one and ran the full week before it was reset manually.  Many wouldn't play while that map was up and it seemed to generate the biggest negative chat on the boards and in the game.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 02:20:31 PM »
Trinity is back?

Let's have Trinity month....  :aok
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »
to help solve the action heavy small maps from  disappearing over night how about we increase the war win ratio to 40% of opposing teams or remove them un-capturable bases and have at it to the last field again.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »
I wish for CraterMA to come up more than once in a rotation.  I love the GV fights but it seems like a good map for most everything.
AMAX  in game

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 05:24:26 PM »
I wish for CraterMA to come up more than once in a rotation.  I love the GV fights but it seems like a good map for most everything.
i still have not seen it since i started this thread! thats 20 days,, and I hadnt seen it in a while before that!!
I miss the great new TT
Flying since tour 71.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 05:27:31 PM »
i still have not seen it since i started this thread! thats 20 days,, and I hadnt seen it in a while before that!!
I miss the great new TT

Thats the only problem with that map. So many people focus on the GV aspect of the game they don't notice when one team just rolls the required amount of bases.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »
Goes to show HiTech has a good market for "GV Quake Tourney to Nowhere" when the bomb tards are kept at a minimum at CraterMA TT.

Ties up 1\4 to 1\3 of the available players during prime time. It's simple, quick action without a huge learning curve. No one expects you to capture anything, so all of the action is hiding in the bushes and pressing a button. The more aggressive and adventurous can either climb to the tops of the surrounding peaks or, spawn in close and dash through the backfield back shooting the complacent snipers to read the whines on 200. And "indignant" describes all the Mr. Grumpys when their safe hiding spot is blown to heck because they don't watch their backside like you have to constantly in air combat. It is always that other guy who was supposed to be watching the extreme left or right side approach while they have fun.

Unlike air combat in our game, at TT on CrateMA, you risk very little other than the 3 minutes it takes to spawn back in and find a hidey hole. Far fewer colorful egos in the ground game, no getting HO'd on every pass, or just blown away by dazzling displays of aerial ability most will never achieve because they only want to invest a few hours a night in pushing a button. Though a questionable quality connection regardless the reason, will generate some language after the 5th AP round to a tank's side. Especially when 5 or 6 guys cannot kill the same tank while comparing results on range. Those can be fun to listen to while delivering supplies or spotting with a storch........

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »
Not everyone who plays this game will be a great fighter ace! I've played for years and I suck in fighters most days!
The GV aspect keeps a lot of those players,(myself included) playing for years and years,, yet without a chance to play on a decent map with some GV areas, we get tired of roll map, roll map, rinse repeat!
 It would be nice if the few great GV maps were up more than half a day, or even at all,, like I said, I've not seen the map in question in at least a month!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 07:02:37 PM »
Someone long ago thought that GVers would be helping roll the map as part of getting into combat. Not holing up in a caldera drinking and lobbing rounds at each other all night I bet.

The air combat still goes on without you to win the war. I've seen Airstud and company on every map in rotation at the natural GV round lobbing spot like clockwork after each rotation. Maybe you should hook up with them, or you know all those spots already. Unless it's really late at night, airstud is always lobbing rounds at another GV or defending with a wirbel everywhere I run into him all week long.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »
Someone long ago thought that GVers would be helping roll the map as part of getting into combat. Not holing up in a caldera drinking and lobbing rounds at each other all night I bet.

The air combat still goes on without you to win the war. I've seen Airstud and company on every map in rotation at the natural GV round lobbing spot like clockwork after each rotation. Maybe you should hook up with them, or you know all those spots already. Unless it's really late at night, airstud is always lobbing rounds at another GV or defending with a wirbel everywhere I run into him all week long.
we all play the same game, GVers, take bases and defend bases all the time. Not everyone wants to hang out in TT, but many do like it,, to deny them is stupid! Just like it would be stupid to have fog so thick no one could fly!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 01:43:00 AM »
Not everyone who plays this game will be a great fighter ace! I've played for years and I suck in fighters most days!
The GV aspect keeps a lot of those players,(myself included) playing for years and years,, yet without a chance to play on a decent map with some GV areas, we get tired of roll map, roll map, rinse repeat!
 It would be nice if the few great GV maps were up more than half a day, or even at all,, like I said, I've not seen the map in question in at least a month!
this..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait