Author Topic: Losing the war  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Losing the war
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2014, 09:21:42 PM »
When players log off because the game is not fun, especially due to a large game imbalance, that is not a good thing, and probably something HTC should be concerned with.

Good point, now that you mention it.

It's why we don't have night anymore, among other things.

- oldman

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2014, 10:39:34 PM »
8:30 PM PST
    Bishops 30%   Knights  100%     Rooks 100%
    Knights 37.5 %
    Rooks 32.5 %
I think this is the best way to get people to stop playing!
I have certainly had my fill of the CRAP!
AkCaine

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:55 PM »
    Knights 37.5 %
    Rooks 32.5 %
It happens to every side. I don't hear people complaining when they're the ones beating a team back into their 163 bases.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:27 PM »
    Knights 37.5 %
    Rooks 32.5 %

So you gotta stop playing because you have less fields than the enemy?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 11:31:30 PM »
It happens to every side. I don't hear people complaining when they're the ones beating a team back into their 163 bases.

Of course you don't, why should they? But it's not like there's extra fun to make up for it when it's someone else's turn to be overwhelmed 3-1. 

There is a simple solution to this that has been brought up many, many times: zone-based ENY so if 180 of [Side A] and 150 of [SideB] are all 330 of them attacking 120 of [Side C] Sides A and B both have ENY >25 instead of  3 and 0, respectively, which is what they have now.

HTC apparently don't care about the crappy experience their customers are having, and it shows in the rapidly declining number of players. There are maybe half as many players now as there were five years ago, so in a few more years when AH goes under because of HTC's apathy I guess I'll see you guys over at WoT.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2014, 11:37:47 PM »
And the moment people are being hit by this proposed zone ENY themselves, they are going to kick and scream again and demand that this BS has to stop and HT has to get rid of eny.

It's the effin hypocrisy that's the biggest bane of the arena. I'm so utterly tired of it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2014, 11:46:58 PM »
It's the effin hypocrisy that's the biggest bane of the arena. I'm so utterly tired of it.

Hey, who said you could step out of your shell?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 01:10:24 AM »
And the moment people are being hit by this proposed zone ENY themselves, they are going to kick and scream again and demand that this BS has to stop and HT has to get rid of eny.

All they'd have to do is fly on the other front instead. Anyway, we already have ENY, which is both irritating and, as currently implemented, useless, so the fix I'm suggesting could only be an improvement.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »
When something is wrong it doesn't matter who is doing it!  

So you gotta stop playing because you have less fields than the enemy?
I had just signed on and found this situation.  I find it utterly gutless of the other teams actions for last night.  And I chose not to be a part of that farce!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:26:35 AM by 1Cane »
AkCaine

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
  I noticed some Bishes were getting some nice kill streaks in their 262s last night.  :aok

Great fights against both sides last night.  :salute  Bish successfully delayed a base take we rooks were trying and then when we finally got it, it was not long until it was retaken by the poor defenseless Bishes.  :cry

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 09:45:23 PM »
When something is wrong it doesn't matter who is doing it!  
I had just signed on and found this situation.  I find it utterly gutless of the other teams actions for last night.  And I chose not to be a part of that farce!

When you logged in and complained about the percentages of fields held by them, they weren't even attacking us anymore. You were complaining about the number of fields left, not the ganging, which is what leaves me puzzled.

And would you have come here if bish and rooks held 35% of Knight fields and we Bish would have been about to win the war? ;)

-----

On no country channel I see complains about us ganging them. All I read is "pile on XXX", "Vulch is on at AXX", "ENY 5! When will HTC get rid of this ENY s***?", "great turnout on this mission guys, lets smash them!" when 30 of us are about to dive on a Vbase

But wait until it's our turn... "They always gang us", "Lame vulchers", "look how many red dots at VXX, it's pathetic"  yadda yadda yadda

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 09:25:43 AM »
I've already said when something is wrong it doesn't matter who's doing it. :noid
AkCaine

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
This is gay, just play the game.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
I have found it most enjoyable when the Bish are being ganged. Don't have to fly far to find a fight. Usually we have a great perk point bonus going. Which means you grab a high ENY plane and farm some perks. If they hoarding 1 base go back  from the front 1 base up and come in higher than the vulchers and push them down because now they worried about you and not the guy trying to take off and help defend. When people continually up at a capped field it gives the vulchers a reason to stay. I have noticed since I have come back only a very few times have the rooks or knits try to up from a capped base. Just my experience. So people keep saying I can't find a fight blah blah blah. If you can't find one you are not looking hard enough. Make your own fight I can almost guarantee that if you fly over to a field that no one is at somebody is gonna up and come and see who or what you are doing.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
"So people keep saying I can't find a fight blah blah blah. If you can't find one you are not looking hard enough. Make your own fight I can almost guarantee that if you fly over to a field that no one is at somebody is gonna up and come and see who or what you are doing."
especially if you fly back and forth across the edge of the radar ring, he he he

salute
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW