Author Topic: Q. - Are Any 'Disciplined, Do It All" Type Squadrons Still In The Game?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Q. - Are Any 'Disciplined, Do It All" Type Squadrons Still In The Game?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
I believe what Sloe is looking for, and please correct me if I'm wrong sloehand.  Is a squad that has both a training component, a scenario/FSO component, and a good presence in the MA at least once a week.  VF-17 doesn't spend much time in the MA as a group, as many of us have been around a long time and burned out on the MA a long time ago so we tend to really concentrate more on the training,FSO,scenario areas.  Sloe flies with us in FSO/scenario, and training and he's a great asset to our group, we just don't offer the MA component he's looking for.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Doc72

• Copper Member
Re: Q. - Are Any 'Disciplined, Do It All" Type Squadrons Still In The Game?
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 03:36:02 PM »
The CHawks have a pretty good structure. We have squad nights twice a week and are in the process of dedicating one squad night for training, then using the 2nd to implement what was taught. We also fly scenarios, FSO, and are looking to get back into racing. We also have a good command structure: CO, XO over all 3 wings plus, a CO and XO for each individual wing.

Doc
Doc72CH
XO 364th C-Hawks
Professional bait
aka: sparky