Author Topic: Elite dangerous  (Read 12748 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Elite dangerous
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »
OK let me re-phrase that? How much fun can it be zipping around the Galaxy mining and trading? That was a question I kept asking myself during my free week of Eve.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't want to spend all of my time fighting off 12 year olds as most "combat" games seem to have become. That being said, I wish this game had capital ships available at some point. That's one of my favorite parts about X3...

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:49 AM »
Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't want to spend all of my time fighting off 12 year olds as most "combat" games seem to have become. That being said, I wish this game had capital ships available at some point. That's one of my favorite parts about X3...

Tha average age of gamers is 31 yo.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
Tha average age of gamers is 31 yo.

Yes, but you don't hear from them much. They'll fight you, have a good fight, call it a day, everyone wins. It's the 12 years that get on and scream about "raping you" and then stalk you for 2 hours just to piss you off...

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »
Yes, but you don't hear from them much. They'll fight you, have a good fight, call it a day, everyone wins. It's the 12 years that get on and scream about "raping you" and then stalk you for 2 hours just to piss you off...

Sounds a lot like Aces High...except many of those "12-year-olds" are actually 30+ years old.
 :bolt:
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »
Sounds a lot like Aces High...except many of those "12-year-olds" are actually 30+ years old.
 :bolt:

LOL AH isn't bad at all. I played Call of Duty online once (The new ones, not the classics. THOSE were great, even online). Never again...

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »
ummmm... you should never admit being bullied by a 12yo man.... jus saying... 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
BF is pretty bad now. I couldnt even get thru one round the other day.

The only ones left are the BF die hards so whats that tell you?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
BF is pretty bad now. I couldnt even get thru one round the other day.

The only ones left are the BF die hards so whats that tell you?

I've lost about all interest to MMO games due to rampant cheating problem. I don't want to pay premium prices (battlefield for example) for a game only to find out there are players with illegal assists on many servers. Not a day goes by nowadays without seeing someone with a clear aimbot tuned to instant headshot mode (which people do only to troll others, the sneaky ones use less obvious assists that just make you 10x more lethal than regular aiming players).
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 02:53:45 PM »
I've lost about all interest to MMO games due to rampant cheating problem. I don't want to pay premium prices (battlefield for example) for a game only to find out there are players with illegal assists on many servers. Not a day goes by nowadays without seeing someone with a clear aimbot tuned to instant headshot mode (which people do only to troll others, the sneaky ones use less obvious assists that just make you 10x more lethal than regular aiming players).

Same. AH is the ONLY online game I play, and likely to be the only one I am ever still involved in for this reason. The days of people placing value in learning skill have been superceded by wanting to have the highest score via aimbot, and just wanting to troll people.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 03:29:38 PM »
We are very fortunate in this regard here, HTC doesn't get enough praise in this dept to be honest - the plagues you see in CS GO or BF or many other online games just doesn't exist here.  This is one of few games, ones I can count on one hand, that I'm confident while playing that nobody else has any extra "help" going on.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 04:45:29 PM »
We are very fortunate in this regard here, HTC doesn't get enough praise in this dept to be honest - the plagues you see in CS GO or BF or many other online games just doesn't exist here.

Unfortunately, a huge part of the current AH population (maybe even the majority?) does believe otherwise.
For example that other night in CraterMa there was a 'discussion' on range vox where I found literally all players currently in tanks to be totally convinced that DR7 and some other players had totally hacked the tank game. I'm not kidding - ALL of them were agreeing with that.

Years ago I took a lot of time to explain stuff to people, what really happened and why, show them test data and explain game mechanics to counter rumours and myths. You know, all that stuff like collisions, energy retention, use of the film viewer to correct subjective perception, tested climb rates and so on...

I have largely given up on that, as I feel it's futile. Now I find myself just squelching the country channel more and more...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »
We are very fortunate in this regard here, HTC doesn't get enough praise in this dept to be honest - the plagues you see in CS GO or BF or many other online games just doesn't exist here.  This is one of few games, ones I can count on one hand, that I'm confident while playing that nobody else has any extra "help" going on.

only cause of the numbers that play.. if millions played ah like those mentioned games we would see more of it I believe.. games like the bf series with their player stats made it pretty easy to pick out the wannabe scrubs that were using.. still, most of the accused played clean..
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »

Man, I knew I had finally "arrived" as a competitive pilot the first time I got a PM accusing me of hacking lol.

I agree, while I have seen 'glitches' from time to time, or bugs being exploited, it's minor enough, that it's never bothered me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 05:51:44 PM »
OK let me re-phrase that? How much fun can it be zipping around the Galaxy mining and trading? That was a question I kept asking myself during my free week of Eve.

Privateer was pretty fun (imo). I even enjoyed playing 'Trade wars' in my old BBS days.  ;)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »
Unfortunately, a huge part of the current AH population (maybe even the majority?) does believe otherwise.

My faith in humanity diminishes day by day (even minute by minute, at times).

Now I find myself just squelching the country channel more and more...

Apparently, I'm not alone.  :D