Author Topic: A Selfish Wish 2 - The Sequel!  (Read 660 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
A Selfish Wish 2 - The Sequel!
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:56:00 PM »
Not sure if I've ever seen this in a prior wish, so I thought I'd throw it out there..

Schräge musik option for bf110-G2!!!  PLLLLEEEEAAAAAAASSSSEEE!!!!  :pray :pray :pray

I know this option was deployed on the bf110-G4 Nightfigher and was not deployed on the G2.  I'm working off the assumption we won't have nightfighting in the game and so will never see the G4 (might be wrong about that given the last sneak peak pics).

An idea how some IL2-1946 mods implement this option @ 0:53 seconds into video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad2cA6tNOs4#t=54
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: A Selfish Wish 2 - The Sequel!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »
I know its a setup for a nightfighter and we dont have night...but that would be great against lanc's  :t

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 06:17:31 AM »
"Come on, I dare ya to take the high frontal defection shot..." *BOOM goes spitty* *Que the hour long session of rage PMing from the spit 16*  :D

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:22:05 AM »
I know those use the " we don't have night" argument but would be nice when your dar is down to be able to see the dot if your flying a night fighter a/c.  Just not sure what the coverage cone is with these ww2 dar systems and or distance. To say a night fighter has no use without having night seems a bit week. I'm sure a use for the dar systems could be found.  Now coding that nightmare is a whole other bag of issues I'm sure.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »
I know its a setup for a nightfighter and we dont have night...but that would be great against lanc's  :t

Against my lancs, you probably would be in for a nasty surprise (keyword: lag)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
I know those use the " we don't have night" argument but would be nice when your dar is down to be able to see the dot if your flying a night fighter a/c.  Just not sure what the coverage cone is with these ww2 dar systems and or distance. To say a night fighter has no use without having night seems a bit week. I'm sure a use for the dar systems could be found.  Now coding that nightmare is a whole other bag of issues I'm sure.
Less thank 2k in here  :D no use adding it unless night is added and icons are down to 1k

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 12:10:35 PM »
Just not sure what the coverage cone is with these ww2 dar systems and or distance.

In daylight, max distance was less than your eyeball MK I provided. For example, the German Liechtenstein had a cone of approximately 30° and a max range of about 4km (2.5 miles)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
-1 It may be kinda cool but it's far from useful with our conditions here in AH.  We all know it was used for shooting down bombers at night when you could sneak up on them.  With daylight only here and F3 view, whom do you expect to surprise with this?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 11:40:48 PM »
-1 It may be kinda cool but it's far from useful with our conditions here in AH.  We all know it was used for shooting down bombers at night when you could sneak up on them.  With daylight only here and F3 view, whom do you expect to surprise with this?

Bombers?  Who said anything about using it on bombers?  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 10:58:52 PM »
Against my lancs, you probably would be in for a nasty surprise (keyword: lag)

:(

Good point, unless they shot straight up that would not work,  You sir are a ruiner of dreams :furious