Author Topic: Ryno's Gunnery Stuff TONIGHT 11/24 (and 11/25?)  (Read 827 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Ryno's Gunnery Stuff TONIGHT 11/24 (and 11/25?)
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
Since some folks asked about gunnery training this week, I am planning to be in the Training Arena tonight around 8:30 central time 'til whenever and will try to do later tomorrow starting around 9:45 central time 11/25, since I won't be free for my previously planned Wednesday gunnery training this week (I have been asked by CinC-House to help prep stuff for Thanksgiving at the in-laws).  

Tonight and tomorrow night will be informal. Just show up in the TA, ask to get on my vox channel and we'll work through whatever questions/issues you're interested in.  I'm usually in tower or in the air at or near FIELD 33 in the Training Arena if you show up later and want to join in.  In Game Name: RynoRush

First come first served, but I try to pair up and practice things together, as one person's question can usually help others, so the more the merrier.

Feel free to PM me here on the BBS if you are planning to attend and have a specific issue you want me to think about and prep for either for tonight or a future session.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:26:18 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Ryno's Gunnery Stuff TONIGHT 11/24 (and 11/25?)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »
Cool, ill probably be around.
See Rule #4

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:54:43 PM »

Tell raynos to join you so he can learn to hit stuff with his 37mm  :neener:  :bolt:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »

Thanks again for gathering up your group of guys and coming out.  I hope the gunnery session was helpful.  It was fun working with you and flying with your guys after.

I will likely be doing another session tonight around 9:45 or 10 central time tonight in the TA.  Walk-ons welcome.  It's not required, but feel free to bring a partner/wingman if you like, as that can be helpful in running exercises.

The first one in gets to pose the first question/scenario that we'll work on, while trying to find some "common ground" for everyone's questions, so we can work on something that will benefit everyone attending.  I think that format went well last night.  

For example: Last night's topic/issue was "I have trouble getting effective hits using a Birdcage (F4U-1) against a break-turning plane like a Spitfire, especially in a BnZ situation."  This is a fairly common issue with the 50-cal wing-mounted planeset, so we set up and ran through a practice routine for working on deflection/snapshot firing solutions against a break-turning opponent, using those two aircraft.  We also discussed and practiced a few techniques that can lead to landing more deadly hits using .50-cal wing-mounted guns specifically in that scenario.

Good stuff last night gents!

<S>
Ryno

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:02:15 PM by Kingpin »
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 11:24:44 AM »
Thanks again for gathering up your group of guys and coming out.  I hope the gunnery session was helpful.  It was fun working with you and flying with your guys after.

I will likely be doing another session tonight around 9:45 or 10 central time tonight in the TA.  Walk-ons welcome.  It's not required, but feel free to bring a partner/wingman if you like, as that can be helpful in running exercises.

The first one in gets to pose the first question/scenario that we'll work on, while trying to find some "common ground" for everyone's questions, so we can work on something that will benefit everyone attending.  I think that format went well last night.  

For example: Last night's topic/issue was "I have trouble getting effective hits using a Birdcage (F4U-1) against a break-turning plane like a Spitfire, especially in a BnZ situation."  This is a fairly common issue with the 50-cal wing-mounted planeset, so we set up and ran through a practice routine for working on deflection/snapshot firing solutions against a break-turning opponent, using those two aircraft.  We also discussed and practiced a few techniques that can lead to landing more deadly hits using .50-cal wing-mounted guns specifically in that scenario.

Good stuff last night gents!

<S>
Ryno

Would love to make it. Will try to be there
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »
 :salute  Thanks for taking the time to work with us.
See Rule #4

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 04:12:58 PM »

Hello LtCondor.  Sorry I missed you last night, as I didn't see this message until just now.

Perhaps we can plan another time to meet up.  You can PM here any times that typically work for you and we can schedule something that way.  Or if you see me online just PM me in game (ID: RynoRush) and I can usually meet up with you in the TA for a bit.

<S>
Ryno

Offline Chief

• Zinc Member
      • 332nd Fighter Group
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 08:55:09 PM »
From reading this thread I missed out on some good info with a great pilot.
If you ever do this again don't hesitate to hit record, wouldn't mind watching the footage to learn.

<S> Rynorush
Squad: TAs AeroFighters Inc. (active) | 332nd Fighter Group (2014/2015)
Pilot: Greaser

The Battle Over The Winter Line

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Ryno's Wednesday Gunnery Practice
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 09:43:59 PM »

I will try to be available in the TA starting around 8:15 Central Time again tomorrow Wednesday 12/3 for any gunnery practice/tips.

PM me if you have any specific details you would like to work on or just show up and contact me in the arena.

<S>
Ryno