Author Topic: troops in map room  (Read 1669 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: troops in map room
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »
Ahhhh gotcha thank you sir :salute I remember all auto guns were down at our port that's why they ran :rock
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 06:01:39 PM »
I'm confused about something.  If there are n<10 enemy troops in your maproom can you release friendly troops from that base to the maproom to "cancel" the enemy troops and prevent base capture if another n<10 enemy troops make it to the maproom?  I always assumed that was just a myth.  Is it?

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
All troops will run friendly or enemy if the auto ack is down as I understand  it friendly troops will not cancel out the enemy's troops already in map room ..based on that less than 10 of theirs  made it in .
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:09:43 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 01:10:02 AM »
I'm confused about something.  If there are n<10 enemy troops in your maproom can you release friendly troops from that base to the maproom to "cancel" the enemy troops and prevent base capture if another n<10 enemy troops make it to the maproom?  I always assumed that was just a myth. 

And it was a very persistant one. For about half a year about everybody did that, even though a few of us tested it early and showed conclusively it didn't work at all.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »
There is another link in this forum for dot commands. You can check how much time remains on town buildings and autoguns. At ports and v bases you only have to check the time remaining on Autoguns. You need to make sure all autoguns are down before releasing troops.

As already mentioned in this post, I have delivered troops to a map room and 2 or 3 did not get in.  I returned with a jeep and made the capture. I believe the troops already in the maproom are good for 15 minutes.

GL
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)