Author Topic: Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?  (Read 5621 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Re: Can we do something about suicide HQ bombers?
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2014, 04:08:03 PM »
number three ; when they Key up  and are within range of the radio maybe?

Good thought
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2014, 09:29:47 PM »
Currently on the BBS instead of playing because of stupid HQ crap. Wish Dale would take a break from his eye candy and fix the problem. Game play is the best thing the game has going for it now. By the time of the graphics update, there won't be any players left. I have a real plane don't nee to go sight seeing in AH.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »
And...30 minutes later HQ down again. LAME.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke

Offline DEECONX

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »
1) Individual bases should keep dot dar as long as THEIR dar is up. HQ controls bars. Why would they all be networked anyway?

2) What are the ack settings at HQ? Maybe up them? How many guns at HQ?

Just some thoughts.  :salute

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2014, 12:52:26 AM »
Someone was so used to bailing , that he forgot tonite he had b-29's this time (was at Knights HQ btw), and bailed em all 3!! (undamaged ofc!) just in front of me....

Couldnt stop laughing...  :rofl :rofl :rofl

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2014, 06:06:41 AM »
Only tool we have left to stop this is silence.  If no one post, on here or text buffer an angry reply or whine to this problem these children will get bored.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
Only tool we have left to stop this is silence.  If no one post, on here or text buffer an angry reply or whine to this problem these children will get bored.
What's boring is flying around and trying to figure out where the other players are.
~Hub Zemke

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2014, 02:32:10 PM »

I think most of them do this because of flight time back home,  ticking people off is a side effect.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »

Thats never going to happen, and even if it did, they would still do it because they KNOW it pisses off the other team.

I think most of them do this because of flight time back home,  ticking people off is a side effect.

It is not so much the "bailing" that is the issue, it that a single player can dictate how a whole team must play. If it took a few guys in a coordinated attack to do the same thing I doubt there would be as much out cry and far more defenders because it would be that much harder to sneak them in.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »
We'll just bomb each others headquarters consistently until no one on any side can find anyone.......this would fix the problem with the 12 hour rule because no one would care anymore....... :old:

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
Solution exist, though : let us post films in forums showing those lamers bailing and bailing again (5 times same guy in a row yesterday, thats becoming a way of life for some...Isnt it, ******4* ?)   :bolt:

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »
  Maybe I'm just old and soured, but having come back several months ago after a year-long hiatus,
I find myself pretty much bored to tears most of the time.
  Missions/base captures are just the same tired, monotonous thing. Each field, each town, the same as the
last. Each town/field laid out precisely the same, each gun emplacement....same....everyt hing is just "the same".
  The excessively large maps in-play, some as large as 250 fields are not at all conducive to the antithesis of
missions, which is furballing. Quite often on these huge maps ,there's one guy in each sector, with 3/4 of
the map unpopulated. Great for the guys racking up their bomber and jabo points, hitting undefended/unmanned
fields and jacking their score up, but for fun gameplay, it's not gonna happen.
  Personally, I couldn't care less about updated graphics. Hopefully, the operational and strategic
aspect of AH undergoes a big change along with the graphics engine. I just can't seem to work up
any enthusiasm anymore for what I'm currently playing.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »
  Maybe I'm just old and soured, but having come back several months ago after a year-long hiatus,
I find myself pretty much bored to tears most of the time.
  Missions/base captures are just the same tired, monotonous thing. Each field, each town, the same as the
last. Each town/field laid out precisely the same, each gun emplacement....same....everyt hing is just "the same".
  The excessively large maps in-play, some as large as 250 fields are not at all conducive to the antithesis of
missions, which is furballing. Quite often on these huge maps ,there's one guy in each sector, with 3/4 of
the map unpopulated. Great for the guys racking up their bomber and jabo points, hitting undefended/unmanned
fields and jacking their score up, but for fun gameplay, it's not gonna happen.
  Personally, I couldn't care less about updated graphics. Hopefully, the operational and strategic
aspect of AH undergoes a big change along with the graphics engine. I just can't seem to work up
any enthusiasm anymore for what I'm currently playing. 

I think the people make the game.  I had a blast flying with you and the 47 Ronin, even though at times I found it quite intimidating.  I never was much of a fighter pilot, mostly I was bombing with the
Bloody Hundredth. They were a great bunch of guys, but unfortunately that squad has dissolved. 
Anywho, just saying, I found the game much more enjoyable flying with a squad than trying to be the 'lone wolf'.  (which I was very poor at)

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »
I logged on a few minutes ago.

No dar anywhere, HQ is down for another 2 hours, 18 minutes. And with only about 12 active players on my side and half a dozen bases flashing, it's very unlikely to get resupplied quickly. Especially as after all, it takes just another single Lanc formation to smash it again.

Logged off.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2014, 07:27:16 AM »
And it will lead to ENY skyrocketing for the other teams, making people log off and then there is almost noone left...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking