Author Topic: Field gun perks  (Read 973 times)

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
Re: Field gun perks
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 06:34:33 AM »
IMO since you can't die in a gun, they deserve neither.

no risk, no reward.

Can't really argue with that.. maybe have the operator die or even a make wounding possible.. reward .5 perks for each kill ??

kinda like putting some scratch in the game.. give it a reward &/or penalty..

Wrngway <S>

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 11:52:52 PM »
Smoker82:  that's why

He got me 4 times tonight :noid

:)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 07:12:02 AM »
Not yet but when I played before it happened a lot.

I've been getting shot at by them a lot lately and it's annoying.  I don't expect everyone to agree with me, these are just my personal opinions on them.

When was the last time that somebody flying bombers above 10K has been shot at by these stupid guns?

When I was in one.

I would only agree to 88s and 37s getting perked if they can earn perks. However, for their own tier, aside from VH/BH/FH, or if it would be taken from VH perks. But again, only if they can earn perks too. :)
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 09:31:14 AM »
fix the 88 with proper sights and slew rate first

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »
-1   Field gunning is good sporting clays practice.   If they were perked, and I was at all worried about losing field gun perks, its pretty simple to land just before your gun gets strafed down or bombed.

I would be fine with awarding a kill when a manned gun is killed.  If I can land kills in one, the guy that kills my manned gun should have the same opportunity.
AMAX  in game

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
-1   Field gunning is good sporting clays practice.   If they were perked, and I was at all worried about losing field gun perks, its pretty simple to land just before your gun gets strafed down or bombed.

I would be fine with awarding a kill when a manned gun is killed.  If I can land kills in one, the guy that kills my manned gun should have the same opportunity.

^^^ This

88's are dangerous and should be treated as such...if you can land kills in them, you should get a kill awarded to you for smoking one down...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 12:42:27 PM »
^^^ This

88's are dangerous and should be treated as such...if you can land kills in them, you should get a kill awarded to you for smoking one down...

You do get perks for killing them.
The same cant be said for the manned gun operator.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 12:48:36 PM »
fix the 88 with proper sights and slew rate first

Slew rate is correct for the low gearing speed. German equipment had two speeds for the most part.
The other German AA guns in game have the higher gearing programed for them such as Wirbelwind & Ostwind.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 01:55:14 PM »
If we had the higher 88 gear speed, we could lead fighters like using a 5incher. That would probably be a subscription canceler tipping point for many who manage most of their kills taking advantage of fields. I understand protecting CV. Fields have wirbles and fighters. And at some point, if the defense didn't happen, it didn't happen and the game rolls on.

I know what I can already do with an 88 or a 37mm. Give me a higher traverse speed with an 88, it will be like cheating. You will also end up with the same group of 5 incher couch potatoes, waiting at every field you make the radar flash screwing your pooch. They will have an incentive to get good at longer ranges to keep you from killing their position to get at the stupider ones who will fill their kill string. Just like they do from CV groups.

The 88's are an unintended consequence double edged sword.

Instead of asking for a faster traverse speed with the fixed ones. Ask for a mobile one with the faster speed. That will make them a bigger juicier target on the airfield including attacker points for GV destruction. Limit them to the up\down of the VH and vehicle supplies deliveries. While giving you the faster speed at the cost of a successful deployment, resupply chain, and successful towering out. No perk cost needed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2014, 07:41:32 PM »
You do get perks for killing them.
The same cant be said for the manned gun operator.

You can get quite a few perks destroying manned AAA.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
Right now, I'd rather see it stay the way we have it. We need as many as possible in the air. We don't need an incentive for sitting in a stationary gun.

If we had the numbers we'd all like to see, some of these ideas would be cool.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:31:46 PM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck