Author Topic: Who really is the best there ever was at this game? Greebo.  (Read 2937 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Who really is the best there ever was at this game? Greebo.
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »
Leviathn because he Landed 131 kills in a p40B   no it was real LALALALALALALALLAALA IM NOT LISTENING LALALALALALALALALALALALALALAL A
See Rule #4

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 08:26:36 PM »
Only ran into Greebo a few times but certainly enough to see he was an expert in the Hellcat.  Their are quite a few folks who are good at ACM whether its turn and burn 'til death or bnz and run for the hills.

There are also great players as far as supporting the game and being a positive part of it but they might be average or below average pilots.

Once in a a while there are players who are exceptional at both.  Deadly in their pixel plane and great folks to fly with or against, who give more to the game than they take away.  Greebo seems to be one of those players.
AMAX  in game

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 10:20:41 PM »
Funny how he does seem to get overlooked when the "who's the best"  conversations fire up. Fester summed him up quite well.

:salute Greebo

Probably because he doesn't gloat about it or rub it in like most good sticks do. (Been guilty of this before myself).
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 11:50:22 PM »
Drex.

HiTech

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 12:03:31 AM »
Drex sucks
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 12:27:22 AM »
 :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 01:44:51 AM »
Drex.
HiTech

The legend of Drex is the best kept secret in Aces High. I will say only what I know from first hand knowledge about what I know about why you only ever saw drex when he was in the zone and who he flew with on shade accounts to practice. He talked me into making one years ago to fly with him incognito. I was river, he was styx.. his idea. Not a disparage of his ability but he was a real player with ups and downs and he did this to heighten the in game persona of Drex by only playing on it when he was in the zone 100%.

and as great as the Legend of Drex or (insert best acm table turner of your choice) is... all they have given to the game is a standard to beat which in itself is a one dimensional benefit.

imagine if you will if you had a legion of players who didn't aspire to be like drex... but like greebo. what if they actually took steps towards such a goal or a standard of that magnitude of what they could attain in this wonderful cartoon world HTC has created?

they would see not just the acm mastery but a mastery of the entire game from everything a player could possibly accomplish in it.

they would build the world to their liking then texture the planes to their liking. then fly on the terrain they made in the plane they skinned and shoot at other players and enjoy every minute of it.

It is disheartening that the creator of the game might find more value in a long vanished legend that was more an idea and an image than anything else. the value of that is very high indeed... but maybe they did not consider why a renaissance man like greebo made an impact far greater on the game in so many ways than any other player in the history of the game.

but that's just my opinion...

i never wanted to be like drex...

I wanted to be like greebo and I was just one player that saw what he could accomplish and was inspired to do the same.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 01:58:39 AM »
The legend of Drex is the best kept secret in Aces High. I will say only what I know from first hand knowledge about what I know about why you only ever saw drex when he was in the zone and who he flew with on shade accounts to practice. He talked me into making one years ago to fly with him incognito. I was river, he was styx.. his idea. Not a disparage of his ability but he was a real player with ups and downs and he did this to heighten the in game persona of Drex by only playing on it when he was in the zone 100%.

and as great as the Legend of Drex or (insert best acm table turner of your choice) is... all they have given to the game is a standard to beat which in itself is a one dimensional benefit.

imagine if you will if you had a legion of players who didn't aspire to be like drex... but like greebo. what if they actually took steps towards such a goal or a standard of that magnitude of what they could attain in this wonderful cartoon world HTC has created?

they would see not just the acm mastery but a mastery of the entire game from everything a player could possibly accomplish in it.

they would build the world to their liking then texture the planes to their liking. then fly on the terrain they made in the plane they skinned and shoot at other players and enjoy every minute of it.

It is disheartening that the creator of the game might find more value in a long vanished legend that was more an idea and an image than anything else. the value of that is very high indeed... but maybe they did not consider why a renaissance man like greebo made an impact far greater on the game in so many ways than any other player in the history of the game.

but that's just my opinion...

i never wanted to be like drex...

I wanted to be like greebo and I was just one player that saw what he could accomplish and was inspired to do the same.

You asked a question and received an answer from HT.   You could have made a disclaimer to "nullify long vanquished legends", but you didn't.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 02:10:26 AM »
the question was a bit rhetorical and my reply simply my opinion of why I personally felt truly inspired by greebo more than drex. I personally flew with and against both so I felt I could give my own opinion of each from knowing them both. I agree that drex is also one of the greatest players that ever played Aces High.

However the point of the post was at it core a thank you note to a player who was amazing and real 100% in everything they did. there was never any illusion with greebo he has always been the real deal in game and in everything he created for the game over the better part of a decade.

He remains the player in Aces High that I will always admire most for these reasons.

I have always been interested in the creative part of what you could do as a player in the game with the terrain editor and the skin making stuff as well as the acm. as I reflected on this I made a post about someone who simply mastered all of that and the in game flying as well and made an opinion that on a scale of measuring someone worthy of admiration in their total abilities to master anything the game could challenge them with... Greebo broke the sound barrier and then went into outer space and became the first astronaut.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:43:10 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 02:46:33 AM »
nm

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 03:28:03 AM »
Quit obviously its Zack1234. His prowess in virtual air combat is well apparent.  :old:

Greebo would be a well earned close second!  :D

Yes

And i dont wear high heels like Greebo for recreation and comfort :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 03:53:06 AM »
Yes

You wear them for work?!!!  :p

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 07:06:09 AM »
G6 vs F6 was fun.
AoM
City of ice

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 07:59:04 AM »

Greebo didn't look too shabby in high heels wot!   ;)
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!