Author Topic: Does anybody have this map?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
Does anybody have this map?
« on: December 05, 2014, 07:09:30 PM »
Small airfield+numbered hangers?

Peanut1 in game.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Does anybody have this map?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:36:27 PM »
yes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:19:13 PM »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
Northern most FH is 1. Mid-field is #2 on the radar side. South side is #3.

A bomber run from NE to SW will take out FH 1 & 2. Once extended, a return on the correct heading will kill FH3 and VH

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:15:26 PM by Max »

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:40:40 PM »
Small airfield+numbered hangers?

I made these maps a few years ago.  AHII Maps
Hope they help.
Coogan

VEHICLE BASE                                                                                                          SMALL AIRFIELD

MEDIUM AIRFIELD                                                                                                       LARGE AIRFIELD

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:04:38 PM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »
Peanut1 in game.

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 02:07:52 AM »
 Pand made these clipboard maps in pdf format http://www.horizonx.org/pand/files/Pand_Strat_Maps_v3.0.pdf so you can print.  They are also available to place on your clipboard. http://www.horizonx.org/pand/files/Pand_Strat_Maps_v3.0.zip

This link has instructions if you would like to try them in the clipboard in game. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,346706.msg4578869.html#msg4578869

I pasted this post from Chilli

one-eye
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:13:18 AM by 1ijac »
"One-Eye"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 07:58:06 AM »
We still have the problem with hanger numbers.  The Pand maps match the actual hanger numbers used by AH.  Unfortunately, AH started hanger numbers with zero (i.e. Fighter Hanger 0) which screws with the nature of things outside the world of ones and zeros.  Pand used the AH number system.  Again, unfortunately, not everyone uses the Pand maps and the AH number system starting their hanger numbers with one instead of zero.

This has led to many confused field attackers. 

Then there is the hanger description "Southern fighter hanger" as an example.  This method of describing a hanger target works if everyone knows the reference is too map South not field South.  A good number of players are not sure which South referenced is used.

Hopefully in the new AH graphics package, good printable maps with be included so we are all using the same target numbers.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »
The maps by Pand are the best, IMO, because they correlate with the field numbering used by the game.  Object numbers start with zero because that's the way it is in many programming languages.  On your computer, if you look at your hard drives, the first one is disk zero, the second one is disk 1.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 07:27:17 AM »
I've never heard someone say "I'm hitting hanger zero." Pand maps would be even better if they used one instead of zero.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 10:15:42 PM »
I have a set of Pand maps that I updated to show .dt numbers for hangers, ack guns, man guns, & ammo bunkers. Would be more than willing to share them, just send a PM with email address.  :)
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 07:12:23 AM »
I've never heard someone say "I'm hitting hanger zero." Pand maps would be even better if they used one instead of zero.
:airplane: I guess you never run any missions with the Devil Dogs, a Rook squadron! I run missions every night of the week and hangar "0" is always used in hangar assignments and everyone knows that it is the most "Northern" fighter hangar on a small field, again on a medium field, next to in-destructible hangar on large concrete pad on North side of field!
We use the Pand maps constantly because as someone else pointed out, they, Pand maps, agree with AH numbering system.
One of my pet peeves is on some of the maps, the runway orientation is not like it is shown on the clip board map! A small field which shows a NE to SW alignment on the arena map and when you get there, its actually laid out NW to SE! Then all your approach to target planning goes out the window. To experienced guys in here, its not a big deal, but when you have a new player or inexperienced player in a mission, and they don't have maps, other than clip board, sometimes cause's double drop on same hangar!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
:airplane: I guess you never run any missions with the Devil Dogs, a Rook squadron! I run missions every night of the week and hangar "0" is always used in hangar assignments and everyone knows that it is the most "Northern" fighter hangar on a small field, again on a medium field, next to in-destructible hangar on large concrete pad on North side of field!
We use the Pand maps constantly because as someone else pointed out, they, Pand maps, agree with AH numbering system.
One of my pet peeves is on some of the maps, the runway orientation is not like it is shown on the clip board map! A small field which shows a NE to SW alignment on the arena map and when you get there, its actually laid out NW to SE! Then all your approach to target planning goes out the window. To experienced guys in here, its not a big deal, but when you have a new player or inexperienced player in a mission, and they don't have maps, other than clip board, sometimes cause's double drop on same hangar!

No I have not. Maybe I'll come over and join sometime! I've heard nothing but good things about Earl missions. Either way, it would be nice to see an agreed upon standard by all players and ah cartographers.
Game handle: HellBuck