Author Topic: new ways to win the war  (Read 720 times)

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: new ways to win the war
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »
What? I don't understand.

If all of a countries bases are captured there is no place for the players of that country to access aircraft or gv's.  :noid
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 07:33:36 PM »
He wants WT style timer based fights that work for two sided conflicts and fast turn arounds.

I think you responded to the wrong thread or didn't even bother to read the OP.  He never wished for what you're assuming he is wishing for.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »
Would like to see a map where the objective is something different than taking a certain percentage of the enemies bases.  It's been the same way for years, and it's getting kind of old.  Not to mention it tends to make the players disperse away from each other on the bigger maps and not come together.  Here are some of the ideas I have...

1.  Each country has a main base in the back of their territory.  When that base is captured the war is won.  (I like this idea because it forces everybody to keep moving in one or two directions instead of people attacking ten different bases at once.)

2.  Instead of capturing bases the objective would be to destroy designated targets like a city, town, or strat.  I would also throw in some small targets like trucks and trains so super high-bombers can't kill everything.

3.  Map like the WW1 map with unapproachable bases, and spawn points.  Basically a furball map.  First team to get a certain amount of kills wins.  (I would make the kill count low enough that the map stays up for only a short while.  So the non-furballers don't get too annoyed.)

4.  Kill the CVs map.  Mostly water map where the last country with a CV still floating wins.

Well those are my ideas.  I'm sure they'll never happen but I felt like sharing them here since I'm bored, and don't have a twitter account.

While I can't see this being implemented into the LW, I kind of like it.  Wouldn't mind having it in a rotation of random 'ways to win the war'. Say we get crater one day and the goal is to kill 500 of each enemy side to win along with 10% of their bases.

Wouldn't mind that at all, mixes it up. Even though it is everyone's choice what they want to do etc, currently the only way to 'win the war' (figuratively) is to get 20% of everyone's bases. So changing what is required or giving different advenues in my opinion is a plus, even gives the boring war slavez something different they could accomplish.  :D
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend