Author Topic: Inputs and Outputs  (Read 704 times)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Inputs and Outputs
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
Is it better to use HDMI cables for monitor and graphic card? Or VGA is better?
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Inputs and Outputs
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
think it's either hdmi or dvi.  vga is for older monitors.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 07:23:25 PM »
Displayport, because even if your display does not come with Displayport you can adapt this type of cable easily. Otherwise, HDMI if you want to connect to an entertainment system, or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:26:01 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »
I am talking for Aces high lol. Thats why i posted on the AH boards.

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »
hdmi or dvi.

semp

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »
I am talking for Aces high lol. Thats why i posted on the AH boards.

Me too. I use three displayport monitors for AH. I use a fourth auxiliary monitor over HDMI.

You can do all sorts of interesting things with HDMI, like wireless remote to initiate your system, 5.1 audio (not recommended for AH), and even signal splitting for recording just to name a few.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »
Which one is better for Aces high while running a single monitor? The HDMI OR the DVI?

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »
As long as they both support the monitor resolution you won't notice a difference in AH.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 01:22:45 AM »
Which one is better for Aces high while running a single monitor? The HDMI OR the DVI?

hdmi carries sound so if you have external speakers hdmi or dvi are not really any different.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 02:14:20 AM »
There is one caveat though. The hdmi implementation is a bit different between TV sets and monitors so there is a small risk that the TV won't properly sync with the signal if you use one. This can manifest as image degradation or inability to use the native LCD resolution.

But I think that most new tv:s handle computer images well. It wouldn't be my choice for desktop use but gaming, maybe.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
In my experience the best type of monitor to use is a GSync, but not everyone uses NVidia, or spends the coin on a GSync monitor. I have tested three different GSync monitors and none of them use HDMI in support of GSync, though one of them actually had an HDMI port it did not support GSync through that port. The two that are supported are Dual-Link DVI, and Displayport. So, Displayport would be my suggestion.

Audio across an HDMI cable (through your video card) is going to lag and lose sync as the number of 'voices' increases. It's as bad as the worst USB, or it can be at least.

Having said this there are lots of people that do not even get 40fps in AH and love their USB audio headsets. I prefer GSync and Sound Blaster ZxR and after experiencing both I must have both.