Author Topic: Off Peak time  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
Re: Off Peak time
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
Titanic Tuesdays were annoying because the game (server or client side I don't think was ever figured out) couldn't really handle having that many players in one arena and there were a lot of bugs.
It's funny to think of that now.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »
Yea!! Have uncontrollable raucous, raping and pillaging masses about the arenas.. the good old days.. the good ones huh..?  Only problem is finding the merits for these players to come back to the game.. probably something to do with evolution I suppose  :cry
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:12:46 PM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »
H2H was a great introduction to the game for free. I might start playing if i could get a couple months free playing other newbs before i jumped into main. I dont think it would hurt to bring it back.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
I miss titanic Tuesdays
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
lol wait till i find you in the arenas you little orangutang i'd be glad to light you up, get going  :aok
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 02:19:33 PM »
Another thread and another player said it well, condensed game play would do best in off hours.  At the very worst of off hours game play (I should know, due to my schedule) there are more than enough players to have outstanding battles, unfortunately...... they are sometimes prevented from even coming into contact with one another (3rd man left out country battles, and radar outages).

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »
Off peak time is horrible.  Due to my work schedule I expect that I'll end up finding a new game.

I don't know what happened during my absence but it was not good.  I see 25 - 50% of the population that we had 2 years ago.  This is very bad for a sandbox game.

I find myself mostly unable to find a fight and when I do, more often than not it's just a gang bang.

I hope that paying 6 months in advance helps because I have a strong feeling that I'll be leaving 4 months on the table for HTC.

For the most part coming back to Aces High was a big waste of money (I bought an expensive new tower just to play Aces High on) and an even bigger disappointment.

Sorry for the negativity, I'm just being honest.

I do hope that the player base grows and I will stick with it for at least another month because of the highly anticipated graphics update. 

If I had something positive to say about how things are compared to how things were I would be sure to mention it, but I can't think of anything.

<S> players

I honestly thin #s are increasing through the past 6 months.
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 03:50:23 PM »

BURN DOWN THE WW1 ARENA that hardly ever sees use, and add an "OFF PEAK" Arena with ALL planes enabled, that only rotates SMALL MAPS. how hard could this possibly be ???  ive seen this idea, and many other EASY fixes to the slow death of this game that just go totally ignored.  :furious
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 05:33:09 PM »
       BURN DOWN THE WW1 ARENA that hardly ever sees use, and add an "OFF PEAK" Arena with ALL planes enabled, that only rotates SMALL MAPS.

This would not work unless you close the 'regular' LW arena.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2014, 06:13:23 PM »
Titanic Tuesdays were annoying because the game (server or client side I don't think was ever figured out) couldn't really handle having that many players in one arena and there were a lot of bugs.
It's funny to think of that now.

Bubi you ever gonna actually play again or are you content looking pretty making posts?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2014, 07:03:31 PM »
Has anyone ever hosted special events during the off peak hours?

I have.  It had a miniscule turnout.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 02:29:27 AM »
I just added up the years I've played online flight sims and came up with a number that was a bit scary. I probably spent more money in that first year of Air Warrior than in the other 17 years added together.

But, I'm with Rob. 3 people, one of whom is a drunk Jimmy, isn't a fun night. Not only that, the weekend evenings are pretty pathetic too. My evenings that is. As much as you guys keep harping on about adjusting your gameplay to what's available, the numbers have dropped to the point where Aces High only makes sense for those located in the Americas. And that's something you'll have to accept, your opinion that the fault lies with the player is just that, your opinion, and as such the rapid decline in numbers makes a lie of that opinion.

Retired

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 02:41:59 AM »
The donut map was great at centralizing action. Especially at night.

I just logged off out of boredom.
-AoM-

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 02:53:24 AM »
I just added up the years I've played online flight sims and came up with a number that was a bit scary. I probably spent more money in that first year of Air Warrior than in the other 17 years added together.

But, I'm with Rob. 3 people, one of whom is a drunk Jimmy, isn't a fun night.

Oi oi savaloy
I resemble that comment

I make the best of it mate and dont cry into my conflakes about it...Anyway you quit....im still here trying to have fun
.and succeeding
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."