Author Topic: Support Aces High  (Read 9326 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Support Aces High
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2014, 01:48:25 PM »

SO how would you fix the issue of a player who comes in and kills ord, and radar, then bails from a perfectly good plane instead of fighting his way back to friendly territory? To me and many others thats isn't how you should play the game. I think that "death" should count toward the players team as well. After all this is a game of combat and you must fight to win the war, or are you looking to avoid all combat and win the war by rolling bases with hordes?

If seen you and many of your bishlings do this in the "team play" you seem to enjoy. 

The death should have much more penalty than it does now. Lawndarting or bailing deep in enemy country with no enemies in the instant vicinity should equal 'true death' and loss of most score. Somehow the game should discourage gamey and irritating player behaviour.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

SO how would you fix the issue of a player who comes in and kills ord, and radar, then bails from a perfectly good plane instead of fighting his way back to friendly territory? To me and many others thats isn't how you should play the game. I think that "death" should count toward the players team as well. After all this is a game of combat and you must fight to win the war, or are you looking to avoid all combat and win the war by rolling bases with hordes?

If seen you and many of your bishlings do this in the "team play" you seem to enjoy. 

The death should have much more penalty than it does now. Lawndarting or bailing deep in enemy country with no enemies in the instant vicinity should equal 'true death' and loss of most score. Somehow the game should discourage gamey and irritating player behaviour.

You must not really have a spouse and certainly no children. Sorry, selfish and self-centered, that (especially if you do have one or both of the aforementioned) [either yas].

Anyhoo .... that really doesn't have anything to do with supporting the game and community.

Merry after-Christmas and Happy New Year.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:55:02 PM by Arlo »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
Lawndarting or bailing deep in enemy country with no enemies in the instant vicinity should equal 'true death' and loss of most score.

It's as much a true death as getting shot down. Score points for the sortie reduced by 60% to 75% and the usual hit on all death related scoring categories like K/D or Damage/Death
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2014, 02:42:28 PM »
You must not really have a spouse and certainly no children. Sorry, selfish and self-centered, that (especially if you do have one or both of the aforementioned) [either yas].

Anyhoo .... that really doesn't have anything to do with supporting the game and community.

Merry after-Christmas and Happy New Year.

I'm happily married with 2 children thank you very much! So you think that anyone hating gamey dweebs who thrive in making others gameplay worse (by milkrunning fields/stats/HQ and escaping when there's even a sign of fight) must be somehow antisocial?

Crazy but I thought the complete opposite.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2014, 03:48:50 PM »
I'm happily married with 2 children thank you very much! So you think that anyone hating gamey dweebs who thrive in making others gameplay worse (by milkrunning fields/stats/HQ and escaping when there's even a sign of fight) must be somehow antisocial?

Crazy but I thought the complete opposite.

No. I think if a fellow player's kid has an injury or his wife says the water broke or there's a call saying one of his parents is dying in the hospital that you are gonna be sooooo pissed he didn't stay in the game long enough to let you close for the kill or at least explain it to you first to earn your understanding.

Cod, I hate it when i have to explain life/obvious stuff to someone who thinks they're on the real ball.  :aok

Your suggestion to 'improve the game' is 'blah blah blah' (something makes me angry, code it away).  :D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:53:07 PM by Arlo »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2014, 04:06:07 PM »
No. I think if a fellow player's kid has an injury or his wife says the water broke or there's a call saying one of his parents is dying in the hospital that you are gonna be sooooo pissed he didn't stay in the game long enough to let you close for the kill or at least explain it to you first to earn your understanding.

Cod, I hate it when i have to explain life/obvious stuff to someone who thinks they're on the real ball.  :aok

Your suggestion to 'improve the game' is 'blah blah blah' (something makes me angry, code it away).  :D

In that case you can always hit shift+x and leave your plane pointing at home. Besides if your family is in dire trouble, you worry about game points? Really?

Cod I hate people inventing excuses for being lame gamey dweebs.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »
In that case you can always hit shift+x and leave your plane pointing at home. Besides if your family is in dire trouble, you worry about game points? Really?

Cod I hate people inventing excuses for being lame gamey dweebs.

I'm sorry. I broke my new rule of not bothering with stupid ideas posted on the forum that won't be taken seriously since it involves just someone's personal frustration and offers no true merit, at all.

Have one on me.  :cheers:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2014, 04:30:47 PM »
I'm sorry. I broke my new rule of not bothering with stupid ideas posted on the forum that won't be taken seriously since it involves just someone's personal frustration and offers no true merit, at all.

Have one on me.  :cheers:

Keep milkrunning towns and strats oh smell of game death.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »
Keep milkrunning towns and strats oh smell of game death.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2014, 05:00:52 PM »
  In all honesty Bald Eagle, I cannot recommend Aces High in its current form to anyone or try to bring back
old friends and pilots to it.

QFT  :aok
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
Is there no support group hosting a forum for those who don't play or support this game elsewhere? Helluva place to stay after you leave.  :aok

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »
  In all honesty Bald Eagle, I cannot recommend Aces High in its current form to anyone or try to bring back
old friends and pilots to it.

Well that's fine, but I wonder what games you do recommend to anyone.

- oldman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
Arlo,

1.5 - 2 years in this game is getting a bit old. 3 years is about the shelf life, and your wish list posts tend to be based on boredom or revenge for getting gamed. Past that, we are anomalies, and HiTech is not targeting us for anything. None of this audience listens to him anymore, and constantly create posts to validate their personal opinions about everything he is failing at in their august opinions. Like Italian relatives over Christmas dinner who tell you exactly why you should serve their ages old recipes in your Sushi bar to bring in more customers. A restaurant is a restaurant after all. 

And why would you change your product for old customers who are only occasional or none purchasers, or customers who have been around so long they do not represent a "target demographic"? And many of them are convinced they should be in your company management's strategy meetings because only they have the years of experience to save the product.

If HiTech were talking to any of these gentlemen behind the scenes about his company's future, they would have dropped out of this post by now. The only thing they are accomplishing is scaring away the odd random viewer who happened to find these forums.

If anything, their constant posting about this at any opportunity is helping to scare away new customers. Either they are shills for the competition or, they want revenge on HiTech for not listening to them over the years. Publicly airing these things if any of them have been turned down after privately communicating with HTC, is revenge however you slice it.

Will any of this negativity end with the release of AH3? I doubt it. They will find something new to not like. This is why we anomalies are not worth listening to as seriously past our "shelf life".
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »
I dunno. Classics tend to have a longer shelf life than FITP (flash in the pan).  :D

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
Why do folks keep suggesting that it should hurt your score more when bailing from a perfectly good plane???   How is that going to "fix" it?   Answer this then:  What makes you think they are going to care then, when they do it now? :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.