Author Topic: Few Film Viewer Wishes  (Read 688 times)

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Few Film Viewer Wishes
« on: January 02, 2015, 01:25:10 AM »
Just a handful of film viewer wishes...

1. Assignable trail colors to specifically selected targets
2. Sound control in viewer equivalent to in-game sound preference control.
3. Overlay control in full-screen mode.
4. Ability to import your head-position preferences to viewer.
5. Add pad-lock as a click-able option as to dominate function key.
6. Basic access to Arena settings; specifically icon range and visibility.

#1: Would just be nice during parts of busy traffic

#2: Nice to tune sounds accordingly especially to help emphasis voice against engine and enviromental sounds.

#3: Full-screen viewing incomplete without overlay. "Pause, Play, etc"

#4: As much fun as it is looking directly at the seat looking backwards while "use recorded views". Not really recorded views without the
actual preferred positioning. Would give reason for people to exchange and share their positions for multiple purposes.

#5: Fighter-Ace and Laptop users lacking stand-alone function keys would appreciate.

#6: Simple stuff like icon range to reveal vehicles or to lessen up icon clutter. This would be a short list since many settings affect a flights outcome but is icon range and visibility unreasonable?

I am sure there are more good ideas to add to the list!  :aok
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Few Film Viewer Wishes
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 01:27:42 AM »
Yes! Especially #2! I have a bunch of funny films that are even more hilarious when you hear Vox, but hearing vox is hard with all the engines blaring at 100%.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »
Yes! Especially #2! I have a bunch of funny films that are even more hilarious when you hear Vox, but hearing vox is hard with all the engines blaring at 100%.

All of this.  And the ability to move the sun and put an icon on your own aircraft.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »
I would also like the film to show:

Control surface movement

Throttle setting

G-load
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 11:59:57 AM »
I've suggested it before. I would love the ability to take control and fly within films like in AW. It was a tremendous learning tool.
-AoM-

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 01:44:08 PM »
I've suggested it before. I would love the ability to take control and fly within films like in AW. It was a tremendous learning tool.

+1
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline dogtag380

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »
2. Sound control in viewer equivalent to in-game sound preference control.

#2: Nice to tune sounds accordingly especially to help emphasis voice against engine and enviromental sounds.

+1!!   :aok I would also like to see this option!  
The way I "fix" this is by using AKDogg's soundpack.  The engine sounds don't drown out the VOX chat.

4. Ability to import your head-position preferences to viewer.

#4: As much fun as it is looking directly at the seat looking backwards while "use recorded views". Not really recorded views without the
actual preferred positioning. Would give reason for people to exchange and share their positions for multiple purposes.

+1  :aok  This would be nice.  
My "fix" is to use the F10 "save view" feature in Filmviewer.  You have to set all of your views from scratch but at least you won't stare at the back of the seat when looking backwards.  A side benefit is that in filmviewer you can set your views outside of the plane... which works well for looking backwards in a plane with a big back seat, like the f6f.

Good post!   :cheers:
AKTap
~Arabian Knights~
www.arabian-knights.org/

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »
+1 for all of these.

I'd also like some other options for ease of making cinematic filming:
1. More camera placement options. Give me control over the camera similar to CM eye. I want to easily be able to place my camera at any position, angle, and alt. 
2. Have an option to lock the camera to the head position in one plane to another selected plane.
3. Allow me to adjust time of day similar to using dot commands.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »
To get around the sound issue.... I still watch agents narrated films.... I have two settings folders saved outside the AH folder. One has the setting I normally run, the other has the setting set up with the sound adjusted with everything low except the voice. Before I watch films I just copy and past the contents of the folder replacing the setting in the folder. WHen I'm done I do the same thing but with the other folder to set it back. Quick and easy.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 08:40:35 PM »

Here is a serious thought on this and I actually hope HiTech responds to this one...

WHAT IF... You could convert the film into a staged mission... The recording of the flight paths is just like setting the waypoints and segments of the missions except specific flight instructions... So is this reasonable?

Imagine firing up a Custom Arena and have your whole squad or class observing AT THE SAME TIME IN God's eye with meager ability to pause the action.
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 08:51:59 PM »
I'd also like to see recorded black outs and red outs from G-forces. Would be beneficial to know what you or the opponent was seeing at any given time. In film viewer the shot may look perfectly clear, but in-game it could be blacked out.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 02:53:52 AM »
Here is a serious thought on this and I actually hope HiTech responds to this one...

WHAT IF... You could convert the film into a staged mission... The recording of the flight paths is just like setting the waypoints and segments of the missions except specific flight instructions... So is this reasonable?

Imagine firing up a Custom Arena and have your whole squad or class observing AT THE SAME TIME IN God's eye with meager ability to pause the action.

:aok :aok :aok
-AoM-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 09:00:51 AM »
Add plane weight to the data box.

Just poll it once every couple of seconds to keep it from affecting anything else.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 10:24:14 PM »
Yes!
Especially #3 and #4
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
all for more options to film viewer.  :aok

if there was some way to show map would be nice too..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.