Author Topic: No news updates since September  (Read 1864 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: No news updates since September
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 04:49:23 PM »
Here ya go

http://www.breakingnews.com/                                                                                           :bolt:
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »
My god everyone just go away and play in the yard while the parents freaking do their chores already!  :x

(*throws claws at everyone except Bustr)
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 05:32:29 PM »
If we're using the parent-child analogy I would be a quite upset/depressed toddler if my parents didn't speak to me for three months.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »
HiTech,

At least you get daily preview of what raising children is going to become.

MOMMY I WANT MY ICE CREAM!  :cry

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 09:18:48 PM »
oh mannn. And I sooo wanted trees on the runway! LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 09:38:35 PM »
oh mannn. And I sooo wanted trees on the runway! LOL

The alpha is still young, if people keep pissing off HiTech that may be what he ends up doing.  :D

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »
We are doing the best we can on testing this game ... give us a chance.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 01:07:57 AM »
The alpha is still young, if people keep pissing off HiTech that may be what he ends up doing.  :D

Adds to the adventure  ;)
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 01:11:11 AM »
If we're using the parent-child analogy I would be a quite upset/depressed toddler if my parents didn't speak to me for three months.

join the alpha testing.  you'll be talking almost everyday.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 09:11:14 AM »
Thank you Dale.

How about we just let him get back to work.

You fail to understand my point.  Home Page looks dead.  It's the first place new people go to, and if it looks dead, a lot will go elsewhere.  That is probably the reason why the OP was made.  Starbound has an 8 member core team, who are also very busy with what they are doing.  They manage some kind of activity on their Home Page almost every week.  It helps a lot, as there were times when I questioned whether it was still going or not.  The Home Page told me, "We are doing a-okay and are continuously working on improving Starbound.".  Aces High's Home Page DOES NOT.  It doesn't need to be video's and screenshots of what is going on, just some information.

We are currently on Patch 20 of our Alpha.  A lot of bug fixes were made since our last news post, and here are a few critical ones:

Quote from: MachNix on December 02, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

Some Controller Inputs Do Not Display in Map Controllers Window.
ref: Options > Controls > Map Controllers
Inputs such as X Axis Min and X Axis Max do not show in the Controller Input area of the Map Controllers window.  The assumption is the text color (black) is the same as the background (See v20_controller.jpg).

Note: I do not read through everyone’s squawk lists, so sorry if someone has already reported these issues.   salute

Fixed

Quote from: Lusche on December 02, 2014, 09:46:12 AM
Not sure if it's a feature or if it's been already reported, but planes still can't ditch. Any contact with the sea is an instant death, no matter which speed

Fixed

Quote from: 1ijac on December 09, 2014, 08:16:21 PM
NDIsles Online:

Tried to get into a 17lbr gun on base at V2 and got an immediate "ahalpha.exe error" and had to close down program by hitting ctrl+alt+del, then going to task manager, then closing program.

one-eye

Fixed

Quote from: 1ijac on December 09, 2014, 08:16:21 PM

When you take off in Fi156 (storch) at V2, to the NW and SE you can take off.  Hitting the "H" choice for take off, you fall through surface and blow up.

Fixed

As mentioned before, we are still working hard on the Alpha of our upcoming core update.  We will continue to keep you informed on a weekly/biweekly bases.

HTC

Keeping new people informed is better than them coming to a dead Home Page.  I want Aces High to succeed, not fail.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 01:07:58 PM »
Will refrain  from saying... are we nearly there yet...!

Will.say good job boss. .nice to see an update on the update

Cheers and pie
 Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »
Exactly Vorlon. It looks like the web equivalent of an abandoned warehouse.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 01:43:10 PM »
IMO even though regular current players may feel that the "new" version isn't being given enough air time on the main page, consider that since it isn't done yet, or likely at the point where a video showing off the features could be made showing potential new players, who are the primary goal of the project as stated - what would be the point of putting any sort of "look at this" type of update on the front page anyhow?

I would think, and hope, that HTC has something in mind vis a vis a advertising project of some sort, even if it's just on their already established net presence, like the home page, wiki, FB, and whatnot.  I just don't see why we should expect them to update the home page regarding the new game before it's ready, or at least at a stage where new (and old) players have a beta everyone can try out online together.

I agree, the home page looks like there is tumble weeds rolling across it, but at this stage, I think we should be OK with that, as IMO the time isn't right, and it wouldn't be maximizing PR by dolling out little, basically not that useful by PR standards (like the last tank video), until it's ready to be shown as a beta-level complete package.  Should that come out, and there be no update on the main page, I think THEN it would be a time for a bit of complaining.  And I can't see that happening.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »
Or - people could start writing articles regarding ACM, GVing or other activities (recent squad night, 'Taking of A27', for example) complete with edited films and submit them for posting on the web site.

Of course, such articles should be up beat and reflect a positive attitude towards Aces High . . . .

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 02:47:14 PM »
I think we should put something on the home page that indicates how awesome Zack1234 is.... :old: