Author Topic: Quiting AH Hangs Game  (Read 1600 times)

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
Re: Quiting AH Hangs Game
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
The event viewer is a good idea... I found this after a game start up freeze, no logs for when shutting down the game and it freezes.

Faulting application name: aceshigh.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ebdb08
Faulting module name: aceshigh.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52ebdb08
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0016f315
Faulting process id: 0x17f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d02ddd8e4c66ee
Faulting application path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\aceshigh.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\aceshigh.exe
Report Id: 2d5e055b-99d1-11e4-9b99-3085a99a8944

Also I did remove 16GB ram, and the problem persists.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
It looks like you are using the Corsair Vengeance headset while your onboard audio is still active? That could be a problem, too.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
It looks like you are using the Corsair Vengeance headset while your onboard audio is still active? That could be a problem, too.

Yes sound related crashes have been common on AH.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 03:19:21 PM »
Thanks, it was worth a try, I disabled the driver and only had the headset active, problem persisted, then changed AH sound devices to exclusive headset instead of primary device, problem persists. And just for testing I unplugged the X52Pro and the problem continues to occur.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:17 PM »
I believe what that error code is attempting to alert you to is that the area of memory that Aces High is trying to address is already in use by another program. This is partly a guess, as I am no expert at dissecting this warnings even after working through a hundred or so. Windows should be aware of where Aces High can and can't use memory. So, what I see is a need to either troubleshoot every possible driver issue, registry conflict, , and BIOS setting, OR reinstall Windows from the beginning. You can also try repairing in place, or updating in place if you choose. If it were me, I would wait to hear from Skuzzy or a few of the other hardware guys on their suggestions, but I don't think you are in for an easy time finding a solution.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »
Yes, I could use a system oil change but that's a lot of work at the moment, its beautiful while in game (screen shot below), just starting and exiting is the only issue, it's never froze in flight again. I'm done searching for an answer today, got to fly.

http://www.steviejack.net/ahscnsht.png

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 04:45:55 PM »
Run memtest to check the ram. At least 4 runs.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
4 passes, no problems found.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 06:38:57 PM »
Found I was having the same problem, redownloaded and installed game. Will report results back

Same error message in event logs even.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »
Norton cannot be disabled.  All it does when you disable it, is turn off the reporting of issues.  Due to how Norton works, it cannot ever be disabled completely.  There will always be some time when Norton WILL impact any given application.

It is the worst thing you can do to your computer, next up would be McAfee.  The only way to be sure if Norton is the problem is to remove it from the computer.  This includes using the tool Symantec supplies to actually undo the damage done when Norton was installed.

That said, make sure you have all the correct sound devices selected in the Options->Game Sounds panels.  When there is more that one sound device, the game makes it best *guess* at what to use for the defaults.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »
Norton cannot be disabled.  All it does when you disable it, is turn off the reporting of issues.  Due to how Norton works, it cannot ever be disabled completely.  There will always be some time when Norton WILL impact any given application.

It is the worst thing you can do to your computer, next up would be McAfee.  The only way to be sure if Norton is the problem is to remove it from the computer.  This includes using the tool Symantec supplies to actually undo the damage done when Norton was installed.

That said, make sure you have all the correct sound devices selected in the Options->Game Sounds panels.  When there is more that one sound device, the game makes it best *guess* at what to use for the defaults.

I already even provided the uninstaller link. He would be far better off switching to Nod32 for example.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 12:34:29 PM »
I already even provided the uninstaller link. He would be far better off switching to Nod32 for example.

I agree.  ESET makes the most gamer friendly anti-xxxx software on the market.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 07:56:58 AM »
So far, so good. No hangs on starting game, no hangs on leaving game. Not been on much however, will update once scenario is done today.

Wurz

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 08:09:33 AM »
So far, so good. No hangs on starting game, no hangs on leaving game. Not been on much however, will update once scenario is done today.

Wurz

So it was some sort of game file corruption?

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 08:24:13 AM »
Not sure yet Mr R, if it was, might have been something I did, or something got corrupt on the d/l - lots of possibilities (my internet isnt particularly good, but I'm out in the boonies, so I'll take what I can get).

Not running anything norton just for info (or macafee either) - so cant point to that as a possible cause either.

Wurz