Author Topic: Newest family member  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Re: Newest family member
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2015, 07:36:21 AM »
"I wonder why dog chooses on his own free will to go in his crate"

I guarantee there has never in the history of canine husbandry a dog that has EVER entered a cage under his own free will. And i challenge you to cite one legitimate example.

But thanks for illuminating just how clueless most owners are.

Third time. He'll do just about whatever he thinks you want him to do. In his DNA. You're supposed to be smarter than the dog. But then you're supposed to be smart enough to distinguish training for nature. Same problem we have with the Pit owners these days. More money than sense and no experience to weigh stupid advice against.

You're right about Parvo though. Never really liked dog parks. I won't even let our garbage man pet mine.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 08:59:59 AM »

I guarantee there has never in the history of canine husbandry a dog that has EVER entered a cage under his own free will. And i challenge you to cite one legitimate example.

Third time. He'll do just about whatever he thinks you want him to do. In his DNA. You're supposed to be smarter than the dog. But then you're supposed to be smart enough to distinguish training for nature. Same problem we have with the Pit owners these days. More money than sense and no experience to weigh stupid advice against.

You're right about Parvo though. Never really liked dog parks. I won't even let our garbage man pet mine.

That's not how it works, you don't get to make a statement, call someone names and then "challenge" them to disprove you.

That is a tactic however to undermine an ability for others to see an opposing view to yours and to fluff your feathers.

You are an odd one. Furthermore you are far from the norm and in the extreme when it comes to views on dog training and companionship.

You know zero about my dogs, other than they have a crate and use it; yet you make blanket statements. Clueless, yep...three fingers pointing back at you when you point one at someone.

Maybe go back to your PETA boards?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2015, 11:45:29 AM »

Hey slick, perhaps you need to do some research on "K9 denning instinct "
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 12:59:37 PM »

Keep in mind who your talking to.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »
No kidding.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 07:19:59 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! We're always looking for ways to keep him safe. I believe he's had 3 Parvo boosters so far, with another checkup scheduled for the 26th, so I'll check up and see how we're doing there.

One thing I never advise on is shots,the Vet should know what is required and any extra protection that may be necessary in the area you live.

I had a young pup contact parvo,in those days the used a horse serum,I was lucky my dog survived! My Vet asked if they could sample some blood to send off the an University that has a animal husbandry campus,they took the blood of 3 surviving pups and developed the vaccine that is used today!

Only your vet can give you the proper advice on which shots are appropriate in your area!

K9 denning instinct....... good one,even my wife got a chuckle out of that!

:salute

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
Keep in mind who your talking to.

:rofl   your funny!!  FYI, Doesn't matter "who", my response (demeanor ) is directed to, it's always the same.  :neener:  Over 35 yrs experience w/K9's dictated a response to fact-less info.

dentin has left the building
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »
 One thing I never advise on is shots,the Vet should know what is required and any extra protection that may be necessary in the area you live.

I had a young pup contact parvo,in those days the used a horse serum,I was lucky my dog survived! My Vet asked if they could sample some blood to send off the an University that has a animal husbandry campus,they took the blood of 3 surviving pups and developed the vaccine that is used today!

Only your vet can give you the proper advice on which shots are appropriate in your area!

K9 denning instinct....... good one,even my wife got a chuckle out of that!

Wow that's pretty cool Morf; I'm sure you lost some of that litter but it was certainly not in vain.

I agree with you about the Veterinarian consulting on all the shots; I just meant to inform if he was unaware how serious parvo is. Many first time owners have lost their pups unfortunately to it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:53:22 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
Wow that's pretty cool Morf; I'm sure you lost some of that litter but it was certainly not in vain.

I agree with you about the Veterinarian consulting on all the shots; I just meant to inform if he was unaware how serious parvo is. Many first time owners have lost their pups unfortunately to it.

I had a single pup at the time so it didnt affect a litter of mine!   There were 2 dog locally and another from where I have no idea but my Vet said they were a  border collie and shepard,I had a bullterrier,she went into the Vets at 30 lbs and came home 10 days later at 20lbs.

Parvo is nasty,it ulcerates the intestinal tract from one end to the other and the dog can absorb it's food. IV feeding was what kept my dog alive,that and she was a bully that wouldnt quit!

Several years after that they revised the parvo vaccine again,sometime in the 90's but the first "K9" vaccine came from those 3 survivors!

Luckly in my area it's not a prominent as it was in the 80's and 90's but I would still suggest every owner have their dog protected from it. A 10 day stay at the Vet's isnt exactly cheap!

PS: My dog Terra is watching me type this laying in her crate!

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 06:38:30 PM »

PS: My dog Terra is watching me type this laying in her crate!

Kaiser is, as always, sleeping on my rudder pedals as I read this. He hasn't let me play since we brought him home!