Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26096 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »
You're too young to use the 'old' emoticon. :)

Stats are easily manipulated when it's not a like comparison.

I took 10 minutes to run Triton's playtime for the last 15 tours, including the current tour -- just under 336 hours played.  If the comparison was done to Triton's statement of the last 8 months, it would've been half of that.

So, apples to apples, in the same 15 tour period, it's ~1248.5 hours to ~336 hours.

Just saying (tm Pasha).

Hrm so what you are saying that all that seat time  doesn't count because it's not recent? So because Triton lost interest in the last 8 months or plays less for whatever reason even though he played 180 (!) Hours in a single tour. ..maybe burned himself out..

Oh and Triton, you never get to make fun of some one for playing too much, 180 hours, yikes.....

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:52:24 PM by Kruel »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »
You're too young to use the 'old' emoticon. :)

Stats are easily manipulated when it's not a like comparison.

I took 10 minutes to run Triton's playtime for the last 15 tours, including the current tour -- just under 336 hours played.  If the comparison was done to Triton's statement of the last 8 months, it would've been half of that.

So, apples to apples, in the same 15 tour period, it's ~1248.5 hours to ~336 hours.

Just saying (tm Pasha).

Apples to apples would be comparing both of our first 15 tours (it's ok if you didn't know this, it's been awhile since high school I'm sure). That said, I'm glad you brought this up, because the results are even more interesting:

My time over my first 15 tours: 1,248 hours and 35 minutes.
Triton28's time over his first 15 tours: 1,537 hours and 31 minutes.

Thanks for pointing that out, sir!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:50:27 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #317 on: January 20, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »
:rofl

I wonder what the response will be, maybe he'll come up with some sort of excuse as to why he was allowed to play the game more than you were,  or or how he was allowed to like it more therefore allowing him more time to play. .yessss that sounds marveloussss..

But these people and numbers don't mix ..

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:02:15 PM by Kruel »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #318 on: January 20, 2015, 03:02:54 PM »
This is the most complex squad thread I've ever seen. I just wish there was one single complex (superiority, inferiority, Napoleon, Superman, hero, God, martyr, etc.) to keep track of.

Oh.  :old:

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: January 20, 2015, 03:08:17 PM »
Are Skyyr's numbers accurate? Could Kruel have delivered the final blow to the Army of Muppets? Are Arlos wishes going to be granted?

FIND OUT NEXT WEEK ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRAGONBALLLLL ZZZZZZZZ
Top Gun

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #320 on: January 20, 2015, 03:10:44 PM »
Next episode..... Sig wars...     :O
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #321 on: January 20, 2015, 03:17:40 PM »
Just read my sig... :old:

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #322 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »
My signature is multi-color for the color blind.

I win.
Top Gun

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #323 on: January 20, 2015, 03:26:16 PM »
Your sig is wrong.....the Few are poo....the GFC are wee......not sure what anyone else is.......now go and study your stats........ :old:

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #324 on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
Apples to apples would be comparing both of our first 15 tours (it's ok if you didn't know this, it's been awhile since high school I'm sure). That said, I'm glad you brought this up, because the results are even more interesting:

My time over my first 15 tours: 1,248 hours and 35 minutes.
Triton28's time over his first 15 tours: 1,537 hours and 31 minutes.

Thanks for pointing that out, sir!

I pointed out the Apples to Apples comparison in terms that you were avoiding, as the last 15 tours don't look favorable to you.  So, instead, you pull up the last 31 tours for Triton.

The comparison of the first 15 tours is fine, but it wasn't what you responded with;  you compared your last 15 to Triton's last 31.  Triton specifically mentioned the prior 8 tours. 

But, feel free to twist your rebuttal in any way you see fit, after all, the importance of winning the Internet is well known.   ;)

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #325 on: January 20, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
I pointed out the Apples to Apples comparison in terms that you were avoiding, as the last 15 tours don't look favorable to you.  So, instead, you pull up the last 31 tours for Triton.

The comparison of the first 15 tours is fine, but it wasn't what you responded with;  you compared your last 15 to Triton's last 31.  Triton specifically mentioned the prior 8 tours.  

But, feel free to twist your rebuttal in any way you see fit, after all, the importance of winning the Internet is well known.   ;)

"Twist" my rebuttal? Triton said my gametime eclipsed his - I showed that it did not. You then claimed that an "apples to apples" comparison would show otherwise. It also did not, as apples to apples is comparing our first 15 months of playtime.

You then twisted the numbers yourself, trying to claim that (at the time of our duel) his prior 1700+ hours of flight time is somehow inferior to my 831 hours (which is less than half the amount that Triton had at the time), as if that somehow changes Triton's initial statement (here's a fact: it doesn't change a thing). If Triton wasn't up to par, he shouldn't have dueled. I wasn't the one who requested the duel.

The fact is that he lost, despite having more gametime and experience in Aces High than I have. You can try to cherry-pick the numbers any way you want. It remains that Triton has more than 66% more flight time that I have overall, has played for more than twice as long, and had more than double my flight time at the time of the duel that he requested.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:08:54 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2015, 04:05:08 PM »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2015, 04:05:38 PM »
Top Gun

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »
Oh my!  :O :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc

Watch the video!

You hadn't seen that?  Welcome to 2015 man..

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2015, 04:08:02 PM »
"Twist" my rebuttal? Triton said my gametime eclipsed his - I showed that it did not. You then claimed that an "apples to apples" comparison would show otherwise. It also did not, as apples to apples is comparing our first 15 months of playtime.

You then twisted the numbers yourself, trying to claim that his prior 1700+ hours of flight experience pale to my 800 hours (at the time), as if that somehow changes Triton's initial statement (here's a fact: it doesn't change a thing). If Triton wasn't up to par, he shouldn't have dueled. I wasn't the one who started requesting the duel.

The fact is that he lost, despite having more gametime and experience in Aces High than I have. You can try to cherrypick the numbers any way you want - we call that in "excuse" everywhere else.

Here you go:

Pfftt... enough with that nonsense.  You can't claim knowledge and experience in flight sims and then tell me it takes you 8 months to take the training wheels off here.  Do us a favor and pull the time logs of you and your shade accounts during the 8 months in question.  I'd bet your time in the game dwarfs mine.  It showed.  You were much sharper in judging relative energy states than I was, something that only comes with seat time.  I hope the rest of your wall is better than this part.. lol. 

He asked for the 8 months.  You replied with your first 15 tours in a comparison to his last 31 tours, obviously to sway the light towards him, away from you.   You're not dumb, so you probably saw that comparing the last 15 made you look bad.

So, compare the 8 months he was referring to, and get your direct comparison in response to the statement he made.

What about the number of flights and duels in the DA?  If you have thousands, and the other person has a few hundred, does that factor into the time played too?

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."