Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26097 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2015, 05:57:38 PM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #346 on: January 20, 2015, 06:07:38 PM »
 :rofl

Slow day at work Mir?  You should know better, there's no room for rationality in this thread  :D
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2015, 06:11:46 PM »
The final score was 5-0, just like with skyrock.
:rofl  is this your new Damned lie?  wow... birds of a feather I guess..  and since I'm commenting... you flew well, but nothing impressive.... nothing....  good enough to beat me that day 4-1.. but, is that really saying something?  

I'll give you a word of advice that you won't get from your new squadmates... there is no top stick... there never has been one... the closest one was bighorn of old... all the great sticks went back and forth...  in sport... and none of them.. I repeat none.. would ever mislead the community about their duels... much less lie about them... so, you probably need to go do some more practicing on your dueling, because as far as class goes... you're a second tier dueler...  you could strive to get so good that you might could beat all comers, but at this rate, who would want to waste their time dueling a complete sweetheart for you to ever find out how good you could get?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »
<stuff>
4-1. Still the same principle. I offered all of you the chance to change that but... no dice.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2015, 08:28:55 PM »
If it was a rhetorical question, then let it be, but don't provide an answer to a variant that better suits your position.

Skyyr and his pet monkey know exactly what I'm talking about.  They're just being obtuse because it's all they know how to do when someone makes a point they can't dispute.

<3
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2015, 09:47:20 PM »
Skyyr and his pet monkey know exactly what I'm talking about.  They're just being obtuse because it's all they know how to do when someone makes a point they can't dispute.

You realize thats exactly what your squad members are doing right?
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »
+mir +owns this thread.

Maybe I should start dropping some +brat quotes...
-AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
Tiger Woods was the best golfer in the world....took 3 months off...played terribly the next tournament.

You can say it's like riding a bike....Matt Hoffman takes a year off from injury, gets back on his bike and can do some of the little tricks....his first run he isn't going to throw a 900...he's got to get built back up....re learn muscle memory.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2015, 11:12:02 PM »
Tiger Woods was the best golfer in the world....took 3 months off...played terribly the next tournament.

You can say it's like riding a bike....Matt Hoffman takes a year off from injury, gets back on his bike and can do some of the little tricks....his first run he isn't going to throw a 900...he's got to get built back up....re learn muscle memory.

Michael Jordan on the other hand...
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2015, 11:21:44 PM »
The most dominate player in any sport....
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2015, 11:27:39 PM »
Jordan "retired", came back, was not the same, "retired" again. etc. Let's not even get into his baseball stint. heh
-AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »
Jordan "retired", came back, was not the same, "retired" again. etc.

Funny....

I seem to remember the Bulls winning a second "three-peat" after his first retirement to pursue his Baseball career....and the year he was gone the Bulls were "not the same".

Now after his second retirement and return...you are correct...he wasn't the same....but age will do that to even the best.

Are you suggesting you and your squadmates best years are behind them?  :headscratch:
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »
My response really had nothing to do with Aces High at all.

This one however does: You suck, loser. But yes, I will readily admit my peak was probably 08/09 when I had time to invest in the game.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:47:19 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #358 on: January 20, 2015, 11:59:34 PM »
That said, it doesn't say much for all but one of your squadies. Go Poison Go.

Keep hitting that browser refresh button, tool.
-AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #359 on: January 21, 2015, 12:04:08 AM »
If you actually look at the stats between those years some things went down and some things went up....he definitely lost some muscle memory...could also be a hoax too, he only played 17 games the next season...but if you look at the next full season...the stats are quite similar to the season prior to that (conspiracy) retirement.

Now, you got me curious, what sports did you play growing up? Because your and Kruel's mindset (like riding a bike) contradicts what I've learned about any sport....yet your trying to use it for your argument. I am curious
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:09:34 AM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"