Author Topic: Squad Squelch  (Read 619 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Squad Squelch
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »
I wish there was a command you could use to squelch an entire squad at one time to save me typing in half a dozen names, one at a time.

Thank you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: Squad Squelch
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:35:18 PM »
I assume you mean your own... ".channel 5 zoney" will work.  Then you can hear only yourself  :bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 04:31:17 PM »
I'll bet you will need to know the original name each squad was made under.

"Pigs On The Wing" has three original names based on the name of the POTW member who made the wing. Something like "Bentnails squad". Then it was aliased to POTW. Like SHawk changes the name of his squad about every week. That's not to say HiTech cannot target the aliased name. But, just like player ID, you would have to re-squelch with every session. And then we get into HiTech's reason for not allowing to completely turn off country VOX.

This would be a boot leg way to get almost to country vox squelch.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »
If only there were a text file in the settings folder containing the names of Those To Be Squelched.  That file could be read at program load time.

Please?

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
I though Hitech already said no perma squelch?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:30:59 PM »
I wish there was a command you could use to squelch an entire squad at one time to save me typing in half a dozen names, one at a time.

Thank you.

Zoney I assume its only a matter of time before you actually say what squad you want to squelch? Or perhaps a cute hint that will leave no doubt? I know you think your being devious but this is an act we've all seen before.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 12:06:08 AM »
Rich.  I stated my wish plainly and directly and gave my reason for wanting it.  What does it really matter which  squad I wish to squelch?  I have no intention of  naming any squad  or squads sir because that would not only be in poor taste but again has nothing to do with my wish.  The wish is genuine  and without rancor.

Is there any reason that my wish is unacceptable  to you
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:08:52 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.