Author Topic: Patriots caught cheating again?  (Read 3048 times)

Offline Hap

• Gold Member

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Patriots caught cheating again?
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 07:28:39 AM »

No, it was Jon Harbaugh; only an immature coach like him would do such a thing, he has sour grapes from the beating the previous game...

You hate the NFL, why do you have such an interest in always commenting about it?

Harbaugh defended a wife beater caught on video and even later admitted he should have waited on his comments.

Bellicheck benched a running back who had come off of a 200 yard game, because he overslept.   Go Ravens!   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:50 AM »
Obviously since Aikman and Madden think it is Brady then it must be true....  You should become a prosecutor.   :rofl
Agreed. What do guys like Aikman and Madden know about NFL games when compared to your up close and personal experience?

Prosecutors dream about getting cases like this. Keep running your mouth. It makes the eventual watching of you refusing to swallow your crow taco that much sweeter.
And get used to wearing one of these:

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »
I don't think that temperature change would change the air pressure that much.  From PV = nRT, a 15% change in pressure (2 psi on a 13 psi baseline) would need a 15% change in temperature, but temperature as measured in Kelvin (i.e., room temperature is about 294 K).  So a 15% change in temperature would be 44 K worth of difference (which is 44 C of difference or about an 80 deg F change in temperature).  So, unless they filled the balls at 130 deg F and then took them into 50 deg F, it wouldn't change the pressure in the ball by 2 psi.

Unless I have made a math error.

I did make a math error.  Ball psi is about 13, but the absolute pressure is 13 + 15 (15 psi being the normal sea-level air pressure).  So, a 2 psi change is 2 / 28 or 7%.  A 7% change in temp is 20 C or 36 deg F.  That is getting more into the realm of possibility.  Especially if checking with a gauge loses a bit of pressure during the check on top of that.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2015, 02:17:35 PM »
if they could figure a way of prepping the balls to naturally deflate and pass all rules inspections, kudos to them. not a cheat.  If they poke game balls with a needle after inspection thats cheating and they know it.  If they "gronk" or rub them out after inspection id call it ok.  heck if they overinflated them or underinflated them going into inspection and pass thats ok too.  part of gaming the game. not a problem that warrants penalty or smearing the past.

:old:

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2015, 06:38:12 PM »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2015, 06:47:07 PM »
For when the One Great Scorer comes to mark against your name,
He writes - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2015, 07:14:48 PM »
Agreed. What do guys like Aikman and Madden know about NFL games when compared to your up close and personal experience?

Prosecutors dream about getting cases like this. Keep running your mouth. It makes the eventual watching of you refusing to swallow your crow taco that much sweeter.
And get used to wearing one of these:

Only thing I have ever advocated was to allow the NFL to give their conclusions, not the "opinions" of everyone else.  The investigation is not complete, the NFL has yet to release their conclusions.  Despite this, everyone is weighing in, regardless of the facts.  You should bear this in mind. 

The only facts out there are this:  The NFL is investigating the improper inflation of some balls. 

Leaks and annonymous sources are not the NFL.  Nothing else is factual until the NFL says so. 

I'll leave you with this"

From the NFL

The goals of the investigation will be to determine the explanation for why footballs used in the game were not in compliance with the playing rules and specifically whether any noncompliance was the result of deliberate action. We have not made any judgments on these points and will not do so until we have concluded our investigation and considered all of the relevant evidence.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2015, 07:19:57 PM »
Prediction:
Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will win their 2nd Super Bowl on Feb 1st, second of 5 in the Pete Carroll era.

A dynasty was born last year boys.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2015, 08:08:36 PM »
If you have facebook, some kids at a local vocational school did an experiment.

https://www.facebook.com/PathfinderRegionalVocationalTechnicalHighSchool?fref=nf

For those who don't have facebook, the kids inflated a football to just over 13 psi at room temperature. They then took the ball and put it in a bucket of water that was at 52.1 degrees. As the ball cooled to match the water the pressure dropped in the ball. In the 2 and half minutes it was in the water it dropped to under 12 psi.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:21:38 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2015, 08:16:19 PM »
Given the forensic investigative company the NFL hired, they'll get to the bottom of it.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2015, 08:19:37 PM »
So the ref's who handle the balls, after EVERY play didn't notice , but one interception and the other team got suspicious?  I smell something funny
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2015, 08:50:53 PM »
If you have facebook, some kids at a local vocational school did an experiment.

https://www.facebook.com/PathfinderRegionalVocationalTechnicalHighSchool?fref=nf

For those who don't have facebook, the kids inflated a football to just over 13 psi at room temperature. They then took the ball and put it in a bucket of water that was at 52.1 degrees. As the ball cooled to match the water the pressure dropped in the ball. In the 2 and half minutes it was in the water it dropped to under 12 psi.

LIES!!!! The All Knowing RPM will cast that alethephobic experiment into the abyss!   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2015, 09:03:03 PM »
LIES!!!! The All Knowing RPM will cast that alethephobic experiment into the abyss!   
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl