Author Topic: For those about to depart...  (Read 1597 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: For those about to depart...
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »
Agree , most of the real good pilot's don't seem to stick around long . Like take Grizz form the AOM , I think he is the best the game has ever seen but they all seem to move on so something wrong here , money ? Time ? Game getting old ?

Being able to club everyone in game probably gets boring after awhile. This is a game which you get next to nothing for being good at. They probably move on to stuff that doesn't bore them anymore.
See Rule #4

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Ive seen 700 + players online years back,  we cant seem to break 400. 

Something is wrong

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »
Being able to club everyone in game probably gets boring after awhile. This is a game which you get next to nothing for being good at. They probably move on to stuff that doesn't bore them anymore.
Maybe why you don't see many AOM on anymore and the ones that are , are not Grizz . Some come close but not . Anyone that can make a 100 kill run in a 262 is a top player .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »
I just recently played a single game where I flew an F4U-1,fully loaded with fuel, for several sectors while tracking a bogie and achieved altitude of about 27K...and the bogie turned out to be a single B-29 which I shot down in combat.

I did not film this sortie...I wish I had.

What was curious to me was the B-29 pilot's response to being shot down by a 27K F4U-1; his comment was something like...BS! No way you could catch me up here doing 324 mph! I think he was correct, IF, he had maintained his altitude and speed, but since I was climbing, the only way that I could have caught him was if he reduced his speed to engage me in combat from his guns...and he lost that battle.

Never underestimate the F4U, high, or low.

OH! And by the way, he called me out on channel 200 and said I only had one star and no kills! I "lol'd"  and said something like; score says it all. You'd think that after 12 years I'd know how to kill a high flying B-29 who slows his speed so that I can catch him? What? He slowed down? Well, yes, figure the problem out...

if he is flying level at 27+K at 324 mph, how can my climbing F4U-1 catch and shoot him down without him slowing his speed allowing me to catch him and get within gun range?

If he has film, I'd love to see it!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 08:20:31 PM »
I just recently played a single game where I flew an F4U-1,fully loaded with fuel, for several sectors while tracking a bogie and achieved altitude of about 27K...and the bogie turned out to be a single B-29 which I shot down in combat.

I did not film this sortie...I wish I had.

What was curious to me was the B-29 pilot's response to being shot down by a 27K F4U-1; his comment was something like...BS! No way you could catch me up here doing 324 mph! I think he was correct, IF, he had maintained his altitude and speed, but since I was climbing, the only way that I could have caught him was if he reduced his speed to engage me in combat from his guns...and he lost that battle.

Never underestimate the F4U, high, or low.

OH! And by the way, he called me out on channel 200 and said I only had one star and no kills! I "lol'd"  and said something like; score says it all. You'd think that after 12 years I'd know how to kill a high flying B-29 who slows his speed so that I can catch him? What? He slowed down? Well, yes, figure the problem out...

if he is flying level at 27+K at 324 mph, how can my climbing F4U-1 catch and shoot him down without him slowing his speed allowing me to catch him and get within gun range?

If he has film, I'd love to see it!

F4U1s go fast as hell at that alt. You could have caught him all day long. Don't let fools like that get to you. They normally have no idea what they are talking about. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion