Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23303 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 06:56:36 PM »
Moot was a God. He advised me to “be the plane” (no joke) in a really good e-mail he sent me. He just dove in and smashed everyone. The best thing is you saw him coming at you, then the plane did stuff which made sense but was glorious in its efficiency. He had that whole Zen thing going.

The fight is the thing. The rest is just a meaningless score and a statistic. Admiration is for those who “drop the shoulder” and have a go despite the odds. I would much rather applaud Cameron Wake than Darnell Dockett.

Just waiting for the inevitable Kruel  “SKYYLU AKBAH” post.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 07:21:39 PM »
The pony has more than just speed. It's understanding the use of the instantaneous turn rates and not pushing it too far into a sustained turn. It's about getting to convergence and THEN taking your shot. It's about using the angles to get there with out burning excess E. The guys you see blowing around in the MA never getting below 300 don't KNOW their plane and so are NOT flying it to its strengths. They are just blasting around hoping for a shot now and then and count on the speed to get away when they screw up.

I'd bet there are less than 25 players playing now that can fly a plane to its strengths, because most players don't bother to learn them. They figure something fast with big cannons is best and that is all they need to know. I stand by what I said, ANYONE can fly their plane to its strengths and win, first they must learn those strengths.

What you said is completely true, flying a plane to its strengths is no easy task and takes extensive knowledge of your plane to understand all your strengths. Even if you explain all those strengths to someone and they memorize every single word, it does not transition to their flying ability. That is what takes the longest, and for some people never comes. That is why I wouldn't agree with just anyone is able to be the best in a plane. If player A flies a plane to its all it strengths, player B flying the plane to its weaknesses never win, even if they were superb at flying it to its weaknesses. This is just my opinion at least, we can agree to disagree, since the P51 is your area of expertise.  :salute

Poison is going to end up holding the record for fastest PNG
I don't see where I am breaking any rules by suggesting flying smart can be fun  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:24:20 PM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »

Lynx would get my vote.

I was fortunate enough to be in the same squad with Lynx, miss him something aweful.....phenomenal person

Before I die I just want to see " afk cuppa" one more time in the text buffer
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 07:36:31 PM »
Discussing methods in which made these players successful is not on topic  :headscratch:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »
Why does Poison keep posting the same thing over and over?

"You are ignoring this user. Show me the post."
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
m00t was a master...fester the same..... maybe even a bit better then m00t

poison/skydurp/kruel  :rofl

not even in the same ballgame. ;)

here edited so they dont feel left out. :cry

Thanks for bringing up our names and squadron. Glad you think that highly of us. Who are you, again?
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:47 PM »
This is a discussion of people who employ tactics to be successful right? You would think players would be interested in learning ways to get better, instead of sticking to the standard community style turn and burn on the deck, and complain when anyone does anything else. Maybe its just me  :headscratch:

Get better, or get bored?  I think you are confused. :headscratch:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 08:56:08 PM »
Get better, or get bored?  I think you are confused. :headscratch:
:aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »
I've had the honor of flying with a number of really great people over the years. I won't name any for fear of leaving someone out, but it's really the attitude that has influenced me the most and what drives me to follow these forums when I can't fly, and try to fly for the couple weeks or months when I do have some free time again.
-AoM-

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2015, 09:16:12 PM »
 :old: Learn it all, nothing is better than the other.

:old: Find what you have fun doing, if it gets boring, do something else.

:old: Zack is awesome today.

:old: I am sexier than all of you.
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 09:19:58 PM »
Ah yes, the best pilot is the one who throws himself into suicidal situations and dies most of the time!

If you are fighting any competent E fighter who outnumbers you, you will die most of the time no matter how good of a turnfighter, although there are anomalies.

This is not what the OP is describing I assume. Most likely used the strengths of the 152 (energy fighting) to his advantage to kill the 4 guys. Which is exactly what you should do.

Maybe if some of you read more into it, you could be more successful then throwing yourself into a red ball and delaying your death as long as possible. BUT, if thats what the community views as a FPH, then so be it.

Fighting smart can routinely win you 5+ vs 1 engagements, be it you can't start at 100 feet doing 150mph to begin with (what smart pilot gets himself into that situation in the first place?). I have a few films of winning 8-10 on 1s if you are interested in learning :)

Yet Ive seen some of the very players mentioned do exactly what you say cant be done in planes they shouldn't be able to be done in and come out on top
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »
Joach1m,RedBull,DrSpek,Chozen,Anarchy,Poison,Snakeiis(Ratio) aka GhostCDB and many many more have all been with me for a few years now and if you ask any of them today they will tell you what Poison is doing is nothing different from what we have done in the past and present.

btw RedBull is an inactive Muppet and Spek left the game for RL.

Heck even you're guys infamous BluBerry started from TG, Apparently this guy was like a god to you few who hold these boards to Heart.  :D

Edit: I forgot to add that Top*Gun is always willing to take on new members that are willing to learn multiple aspects of the game.
You don't like our Tactics then try to be open minded and after were done if you still don't like it then we can agree to disagree.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:25:21 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:40 PM »
109 E in the MA or BUST kiddos......... and Dahmer (Edit:is an idiot and only ups from a capd field he is a very bad example) sure seems to enjoy fighting off the masses in a Hurricane MK1 as soon as his wheels start moving on pavement.

Must correct errors  :old:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »
Luckily there are guys still flying like reckless zen masters to inspire the new recruits as has been the way for so many years. If not then all they would have for an example would be the plebs who think winning at any cost is worthy of respect.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.