Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23492 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »
Who r u again  :O

He's someone that has been playing and been part of this community for a lot longer than you have. 
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2015, 11:14:52 PM »
He's someone that has been playing and been part of this community for a lot longer than you have. 

Really?  I've been around for 13 years....so he's pretty damn old...and I've never heard of him.

Just curious.   ;)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »
Really?  I've been around for 13 years....so he's pretty damn old...and I've never heard of him.

Just curious.   ;)

Really you've never heard of lawndart?
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2015, 11:33:33 PM »
Really you've never heard of lawndart?

Ah!  Well in that case, yes.  :)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »
You old farts will never learn, If you will not adapt and become stronger then you will be left behind just like the dust from you're azz.

Accept the fact that you're Glory times of old AH days are over and will never be, This is the new age of AH and in all honesty if you don't like it then quit playing. :D  :aok :aok

edit: I take back the above, I would rather you stay it would give me much more Joy to watch the whines roll in.

Too much too much. Im out. With all due respect, I think I'd rather fly with the old farts.
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2015, 02:22:32 AM »
<--- this guy and you may ask why and i will say well why not he's awesome :airplane:
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2015, 05:10:39 AM »
Too much too much. Im out. With all due respect, I think I'd rather fly with the old farts.
Was fun while it lasted but you will see no remorse from me.

I stand by what I said.  :ahand
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2015, 05:11:46 AM »
if i reply i will get a PNGso Poison have fun
Let me calm him down bro, Btw LawnDart you don't seem to answer you're PM's!!

You coming for this years gathering?  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2015, 06:25:14 AM »
<<<<<<<<<<< see this guy , after reading the title of this thread you should admire me for still playing this game so you guys have a target to shoot. there are alot of us new players who are sticking around who are constant targets for you vets. we get shot down in so many ways its hard to keep track. when i first started i was the best drill bit in the game . yup i know everybody has the same beginning as we have, but if it wasnt for the new players who give it their all and keep coming back for more. trust me and im sure you all can relate its not easy to keep losing in a game and keep playing it anyways. so remember when ya shoot us down be nice , we dont need to hear the noob word or he doesnt know what he is doing. have a little respect for the guys who are trying. at least admire there effort.
AMEN! We don't need more "ELITE" pilots like SKYYR or poison, or some other posters in here. We need more GOOD PEOPLE like NRShida, Fudmukkr, RedBull, Latrobe, Debrody, ThreeUp, NikonGuy...the list goes on...Tongs, Simon, SEagle, F77, 50CALMG, Rollya, DikTatr. There are more of us then there are of you, and you resent it. Good.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2015, 06:34:24 AM »
I don't know I think Skyyr is filling the entertainment void since no-one else has stepped up.   Least he posts user friendly Youtube vids.

As for your list coppr I think even some of those have had their moments.     ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: January 23, 2015, 07:16:52 AM »
Out of curiosity, when was the original damned disbanded?

It never was...officially. After the demise of Air Warrior, about 70+ Damned came over to AH1. So did the MAW's, AK's, LTAR'S and many other mega-squads. If you think there are hordes now, you should have been around on Sunday evenings back in those days. Granted there was a LOT of base taking, but the FIGHT took priority over winning the war. And fight we did. Guys like DmdDano, Fool, Ren, Coach, TC, Silat (many,many more) were top sticks and their wingman tactics were legendary.

The Damned Hay Day ran between 2002 - 2006. During that time some squaddies passed away  :salute others lost interest, real life obligations sidelined others. The Damned had a very active elist/newsgroup. Unfortunately, the topic of politics (go figure  :huh ) embroiled many squad members. The long time CO left and was replaced by another. More in-fighting ensued and slowly but surely the squad fell apart. Perhaps Tequila Chaser can tag on to my memories.

I sure do miss the "good ole days".

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #191 on: January 23, 2015, 07:40:51 AM »
what smart pilot gets himself into that situation in the first place?

Ones that know they learn more about ACM in that situation than otherwise.

Ones that dont care about score.

Also, ones that dont hesitate to bail out a countrymen.

...and Wofat of course (he is silly that way).

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #192 on: January 23, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »
Let me calm him down bro, Btw LawnDart you don't seem to answer you're PM's!!

You coming for this years gathering?  :salute

I will try... it all depends on work and how things are going here. If I do come I will bring the boom booms ..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2015, 08:04:23 AM »
Those were good days MAX.  I miss a lot of those guys and really enjoyed AKCurly.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2015, 08:22:55 AM »
Stampf.

He has what I consider the leadership qualities that attracts a real team and has made the best squad in the game.  Flying with him is always fun, immersive and JG11 employs proven tactics for success under his leadership.

I admire those who bring more to the game than they take.  Is he the best pilot in the game?  No.  If he was, I can guarantee it would not change him as he is a humble human with complete control of his ego.

I've played for more than 20 years through AW WB and now AH and have been in probably 20 squads.  I've had very good squad CO's and great fellow fighter pilots but there isn't a close second to what Stampf brings to the game.
Wag more, bark less.