Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23487 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #480 on: February 02, 2015, 02:08:27 PM »

I beg to differ, JunkyII....  The Damned has done no such thing...... just look back at the first and only post I made to this thread

I fully understand the concept of why the OP made this thread...... and just a FYI, The Damned did not hijack nor turn this thread in to our own little dog and pony show! not my Damned squadron, anyhow......  :old: we don't do stuff like that  :bolt:

:cheers:

TC
Poison wasn't part of your Damned...think everyone knows who I was referring to.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2015, 02:14:09 PM »
ROC, Aces High has a small vocal minority of narcissistic Richard Craniums out there that are not helping the community at all. Fortunately, they tend to implode under the massive gravitational pull of their ego and get banned eventually. We lost one this past week, but unfortunately there are more out there.
Doesn't matter about the png. They just make a new bbs account and pick up where they left off.   :mad:
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2015, 02:45:32 PM »
Doesn't matter about the png. They just make a new bbs account and pick up where they left off.   :mad:

You can run, but you cant hide.  Punks are easy to sniff out,  often with little to no effort.  :aok

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #483 on: February 02, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »
I admire that we have a community, and this game is still here being fought over by that community after all this time. Even if it's made up of the "good", "bad", and "sister twisted silly"......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #484 on: February 02, 2015, 03:09:56 PM »
Latrobe is "an admirable example".  

Generally I agree. But saying players you don't like shouldn't be playing isn't admirable.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #485 on: February 02, 2015, 03:34:47 PM »
Generally I agree. But saying players you don't like shouldn't be playing isn't admirable.

Players that create a cesspool type atmosphere shouldn't be playing the game. What little they add to the game is easily taken away by the negativity they spawn and the players they chase away. Is that a better way to say it FLS?  :D

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #486 on: February 02, 2015, 03:53:55 PM »

Anyone paying their $9 a month are welcome, even if they display despicable traits.  Having said that, certainly no one in this community is immune to backlash.

I would like to to hear your reservations about Latrobe.  You said generally, which I interpret to mean you have some reservation.  Or maybe you took a step out with your statement to defend a point which I still don't understand
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #487 on: February 02, 2015, 04:02:14 PM »
Anyone paying their $9 a month are welcome, even if they display despicable traits.  Having said that, certainly no one in this community is immune to backlash.

I would like to to hear your reservations about Latrobe.  You said generally, which I interpret to mean you have some reservation.  Or maybe you took a step out with your statement to defend a point which I still don't understand

I like Latrobe. I think he's a good guy. And I explained what I took exception to.

Players that create a cesspool type atmosphere shouldn't be playing the game. What little they add to the game is easily taken away by the negativity they spawn and the players they chase away. Is that a better way to say it FLS?  :D

I believe it's up to Hitech to decide who stays and who goes.

I also think that problematic negativity is a group effort and can't be blamed on one person.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #488 on: February 02, 2015, 04:13:11 PM »
I like Latrobe. I think he's a good guy. And I explained what I took exception to.

I'm not that bright obviously, what is it you take exception to? 
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #489 on: February 02, 2015, 04:15:29 PM »
I don't think the thread is about players we wanna vote off the island as much as players we wouldn't mind being marooned with on the same island (in a purely platonic way).

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #490 on: February 02, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
Maybe players would be nice to each other if we started handing out awards for admirable behavior...  :noid

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #491 on: February 02, 2015, 05:06:32 PM »
While most of us know of players we admire for various reasons, popularity contents are stupid. There have been players that have achieved amazing in-game accomplishments, such as 100 kills in a me262 etc... but beyond that, its a ripe opportunity for the usual bbs nonsense.  :cheers: to the playes who provided endless hours of AH fun...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #492 on: February 02, 2015, 05:10:25 PM »
:cheers: to the players who provided endless hours of AH fun...
  BOOM right there.  Drop the mic and walk away Ardy....

(SUP Bro!)  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #493 on: February 02, 2015, 05:14:03 PM »
(SUP Bro!)  :D
Hey man! nice to see you're still around
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #494 on: February 02, 2015, 05:26:25 PM »

I'm getting the impression you aren't up to speed on the subject.