Author Topic: Different perspectives of a fight  (Read 607 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Different perspectives of a fight
« on: July 30, 2016, 07:09:04 PM »
Yesterday I had a fight that ended up with me eventually getting shot down by enemy field ack.

From my perspective, the enemy fighter ran to his ack.  From his perspective I was ganging him.  You decide.

The final image on the film shows the map at that point.  There were other friendlies on the way at that point however during our fight I am not sure I was fighting with the support of others.  Just goes to show how the viewpoint is skewed depending on which side of the fight you sit.

Sorry for the lack of sound, it is the first time I have tried to make a vid for sharing.

https://youtu.be/UnKqibgYIHQ

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Different perspectives of a fight
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 08:03:25 PM »
It looked legit to me. The tiff had 2 chances to kill you and started with the advantage, he was much to aggressive. He ran to the ack because the P51 turns better and he had no other choice. He could have killed you when you tried to rope him. I felt like if you had held that rope longer, he wouldn't have been able to get away. Typhoons have a terrible roll rate when slow. Just hold that rope a little longer. Any way, that was a nice shot on the other guy, it was obvious the typhooon had no other option so he ran to the ack. That's exactly what a typhoon would do.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 05:13:16 PM »
I get tired of breaking off for ack around the end of each tour and wade in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:17:02 PM by icepac »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »
Sorry for the lack of sound, it is the first time I have tried to make a vid for sharing.

Meh Edit
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"