Author Topic: 2.12 Ver. Miss. Crash due to certain planes  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
2.12 Ver. Miss. Crash due to certain planes
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:50:10 PM »
There's been multiple times where I use the 2.12 AH to play offline missions, and I select the F6F or the P47D25 for that mission, but when I go to load the mission to use those planes, the game crashes out. I receive a mission error every time I try to use those planes, which is pretty frustrating :bhead considering what had just gone through, just to have it quit out on me, and then I resort to having to use another plane for the one unusable. Is there any type of way to fix this issue, or is it just a lost cause? :frown:
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: 2.12 Ver. Miss. Crash due to certain planes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 03:54:30 PM »
Check their fuel...

I'm going to assume this happens when you're using warp segments with these rides... These are part of a handful that are hit-and-miss on the fuel behavoiur before/after warp...

If not helpful... Good thing there are nice D-hogs and D-1140's to sub with.  :devil
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:47:41 PM »
There's been multiple times where I use the 2.12 AH to play offline missions, and I select the F6F or the P47D25 for that mission, but when I go to load the mission to use those planes, the game crashes out. I receive a mission error every time I try to use those planes, which is pretty frustrating :bhead considering what had just gone through, just to have it quit out on me, and then I resort to having to use another plane for the one unusable. Is there any type of way to fix this issue, or is it just a lost cause? :frown:

Which mission? One of mine?

Offline Phoenix3107

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:04:24 PM »
Which mission? One of mine?

No. It was a mission I created on the avaphil terrain for myself, I picked a few Hellcats for sortie, but when I selected it, the game automatically crashed. However, I believe on one of your missions concerning the F6F, it responded well like the others. Is there a way how to make planes like the Hellcat and the 25 model Jug respond normally?

Check their fuel...

I'm going to assume this happens when you're using warp segments with these rides... These are part of a handful that are hit-and-miss on the fuel behavoiur before/after warp...

If not helpful... Good thing there are nice D-hogs and D-1140's to sub with.  :devil

Checked the fuel state, still crashes even with 50% and below  :frown:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:16:25 PM by Phoenix3107 »
GameID:Phoenix

Also can be found under my DA name
"Lonewolf32097" at www.deviantart.com.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 05:37:19 AM »
Try bootlegging it by re-saving the mission with different rides...

Then with the new file ensure you build the red lib...

Test then reload the mission if it works as expected with alt rides...

Then go back, flip the rides keeping the segs untouched, build red, and try it...

You can open the mission file in notepad and copy/paste it here... I usually write the missions by hand to prevent crashes or weird happenings in the editor...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »
No. It was a mission I created on the avaphil terrain for myself, I picked a few Hellcats for sortie, but when I selected it, the game automatically crashed. However, I believe on one of your missions concerning the F6F, it responded well like the others. Is there a way how to make planes like the Hellcat and the 25 model Jug respond normally?

Checked the fuel state, still crashes even with 50% and below  :frown:

It sounds like you are trying to use a newer mission editor with that older version 2.12.4 of the simulator.

See item 7 of the 11 I listed in this old post:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,295719.0.html.
 :salute
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:05:21 AM by bbosen »