Author Topic: More fuel/loadout options  (Read 500 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
More fuel/loadout options
« on: January 23, 2015, 12:11:05 PM »
Want to see that we got more options when selecting fuel and ords in the hangar. (at least on bombers). Instead of 25-50-75-100 u should be able to select a specific amount of fuel depending on what kind of mission have in mind. Same thing with ords, instead of just 4x1000lb, 8x500 etc u should be able to select ex 6x500lb. If we take Lancs as an example. A player can take 100% fuel and 10x500 on one mission and 35% fuel w 14x1000 the next one. To make it even more fun there could be a weight limitation (max take off weight) so that less fuel means more bombs or less bombs and more fuel.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: More fuel/loadout options
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
Want to see that we got more options when selecting fuel and ords in the hangar. (at least on bombers). Instead of 25-50-75-100 u should be able to select a specific amount of fuel depending on what kind of mission have in mind. Same thing with ords, instead of just 4x1000lb, 8x500 etc u should be able to select ex 6x500lb. If we take Lancs as an example. A player can take 100% fuel and 10x500 on one mission and 35% fuel w 14x1000 the next one. To make it even more fun there could be a weight limitation (max take off weight) so that less fuel means more bombs or less bombs and more fuel.
Why not 14,000lbs and 100% fuel?  Lancs could do that you know.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
+1 however. max bombs is max no matter the fuel. Its all on how much the bomb bay can hold
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 03:25:03 PM »
Why not 14,000lbs and 100% fuel?  Lancs could do that you know.

It was an example, point is that it would allow players to customize their loadout depending on what their target are. Maximum take off weight should be same as the real world bombers.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 11:02:07 AM »
If you want to take fewer bombs that are allowed to be chosen in the hanger…. I dare say WISH GRANTED!!!!  Select the size of the bombs you want, get on the runway, open bomb bay doors, and drop bombs until you have the desired number. 

FWIW: there is certainly no shame in doing such things. While I don’t have his flight logs in front of me here at the office, I know of multiple missions my late grandfather flew with less than the max # of bombs or less than the max amount of weight allowed. I know of one mission in specific where his B24D took off with 6/250 lbs bombs, but the targets were Japanese supply ships.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 05:37:18 PM »
I can see where Zimme83 is coming from. It would be nice if the Bomber Pilots could select say any thing from 10% to 100% fuel and then for load out say from 4 to what ever is needed for the bombs. Depending on what your mission will be and what your target is going to be. I agree with Zimme it would be nice if us Bomber Pilots could have more options then what we do have now.
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"