Author Topic: Upcoming matchups in the challenge series.  (Read 485 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Upcoming matchups in the challenge series.
« on: January 29, 2015, 10:45:33 PM »
Okay, with the P-39 d and Q, P-40E, Ki-43 and A6M-3 and 5 going at it tomorrow night, I thought I'd ask: given the matchups (US versus Japanese) how would you fly these birds against each other?

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Upcoming matchups in the challenge series.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 02:03:21 PM »
First of all the japanese birds are very great turners and they climb very well. P39D and Q will have to  make passes and not get committed to a turn fight. If you are a bad shot i suggest in these planes i suggest it wont go well. The P40E will dive well and turn decently but fighting a a6m-5 would be a bit difficult to stall fight it.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
Okay, with the P-39 d and Q, P-40E, Ki-43 and A6M-3 and 5 going at it tomorrow night, I thought I'd ask: given the matchups (US versus Japanese) how would you fly these birds against each other?

This is one of AH's most educational setups, because it lets you know what Americans actually faced in the Pacific in the early stages of the war.  As was true there, US planes need to have alt advantage and restrict their tactics to b&z.  Stop to play and the result will not be pleasant.  Film your sorties, you'll enjoy watching them again no matter what the result.

- oldman

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:24:26 PM »
The event looked to be about even from what I recall from the logs. I got 6 kills but only landed 1 out of 4 sorties.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"