Author Topic: False reporting of enemy Kills  (Read 832 times)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
False reporting of enemy Kills
« on: November 13, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
The following occurred at 11:55 a.m EST today 11/13/14 on the Baltic map.  I dropped 500 lbs of bombs on the radar at A21 and while exiting the field being chased by nme fighters I observed a flight of bombers landing.  I then got text message that I had shot down OBX 23 times even though I never fired a shot and did not have that many rounds in my spit 16.  When I commented about this on channel 200 OBX replied that he was the bomber pilot landing and that he had been disco'd and that he did not get credited f0r his sortie kills and bomb damage.  The 23 reported kills of OBX was not credited to my score.  I recently read on the forums of a similar incident about a week earlier thus I have submitted this bug report.

Offline pyrtwist

• Zinc Member
Re: False reporting of enemy Kills
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »
Kill score/credit seems strange.  I once augered in without taking any hits and my loss was a kill for the one I was strafing.  Also observed a A20 do a violent maneur and loose part of a wing and strt plummenting toward the water.  I got close enoug to put a few rounds into him and recieved the victory despite his obvious doom.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
Kill score/credit seems strange.  I once augered in without taking any hits and my loss was a kill for the one I was strafing.  Also observed a A20 do a violent maneur and loose part of a wing and strt plummenting toward the water.  I got close enoug to put a few rounds into him and recieved the victory despite his obvious doom.

When an enemy aircraft crashes without being shot the closest friendly player in range gets a proximity kill.  If you hit somebody even just once before they die then you get credit for the kill if you are the only surviving pilot who hit them.

Offline Bobcat81

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Kill score/credit seems strange.  I once augered in without taking any hits and my loss was a kill for the one I was strafing.  Also observed a A20 do a violent maneur and loose part of a wing and strt plummenting toward the water.  I got close enoug to put a few rounds into him and recieved the victory despite his obvious doom.

I hate it when I do a violent manure, parts get loose, and I lament about it.  :neener:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:02:34 PM by Bobcat81 »
-VIKING9- anti-horde
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - My Hero
Complacency is death.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »
The following occurred at 11:55 a.m EST today 11/13/14 on the Baltic map.  I dropped 500 lbs of bombs on the radar at A21 and while exiting the field being chased by nme fighters I observed a flight of bombers landing.  I then got text message that I had shot down OBX 23 times even though I never fired a shot and did not have that many rounds in my spit 16.  When I commented about this on channel 200 OBX replied that he was the bomber pilot landing and that he had been disco'd and that he did not get credited f0r his sortie kills and bomb damage.  The 23 reported kills of OBX was not credited to my score.  I recently read on the forums of a similar incident about a week earlier thus I have submitted this bug report.

wizer this is a known bug that if I remember correctly they havent been able to figure out what causes it.  it is rare indeed so have a laugh about it.  there's also another bug where you will die and a friendly will get a credit for it if it just happens to hit you and you die later.  have only seen it twice, the last time over a year ago a squadie got a kill on me when I crashed.

it's rare but it happens.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.