Author Topic: Multiple Cons versus Me  (Read 3897 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Multiple Cons versus Me
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
Neg-G Push's are a good way to avoid shots when you have cone on your six.
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 11:09:49 AM »
Ok, since there is a lot to respond to I will take notice to the parts of your posts that have the things I need to answer, everything else is understood

Sounds like you're barrel rolling too earlier and it's just letting them close the gap quicker. Are you turning into them first or going straight into the barrel roll? What plane they are flying and what plane you are flying is also a very important thing to consider as well.

Going back to the barrel roll, I'm thinking you're just pulling it too early as you said you die in slow speeds and not high speeds. You might be pulling the barrel roll at the same distance for slow speeds as you do at high speeds and this is why you die. At slower speeds you want to do your barrel roll at a much closer range, usually just as they get into effective gun range (D600-400).

When they're closing on me from 4-5 or 7-8 o clock at -400 I don't know when to roll. If I roll after they're just past -400 I'm already getting shot to death. I don't know if I should do a barrel roll with a larger circumference or a small one. A large one they can easily follow especially if I'm slow, I just don't know what to do. I will send you a PM of a video showing where I typically do it.

And in response to FLS's last paragraph I normally miss and/or don't set up or perform my reversals correctly.

Oh and yes how do I put all my enemies into the same airspace, quickly and effectively? Violators method isn't always an option since I'm usually outclassed in terms of speed.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 11:29:54 AM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »
Neg-G Push's are a good way to avoid shots when you have cone on your six.

No trust they really aren't.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
No trust they really aren't.

You probably don't do it right hehehhe,  fly like a Russian and than you'll learn how to win from the  numerical disadvantage :P
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
You probably don't do it right hehehhe,  fly like a Russian and than you'll learn how to win from the  numerical disadvantage :P

:furious
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
PM sent.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 12:42:06 PM »
In watching other people perform their magic on multiple cons, the best do less defense and strive more for the first kill.  Getting the first kill is a game changer.  You not only change the odds but add a bit of intimidation the remaining cons.

I have watched others who are really good at defensive moves but just using avoidance ACMs always ends in their pointless destruction.

I'm just saying.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
Keeping everyone who wants to kill you in the same piece of sky is the best and simplest advice I've ever heard for fighting multiple cons.

Aww damn... I shouldn't have typed that.  I shoulda sent a PM too.   :frown:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
Is it better to put them all in the same part of the sky on your 6? Just asking because the p39 has some bad rear view :uhoh.
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 02:20:41 PM »
Is it better to put them all in the same part of the sky on your 6? Just asking because the p39 has some bad rear view :uhoh.

That's the easiest part of the sky to get them all into, so yes. Just have the ground crew saw parts of the airframe away so you can see. Has an added bonus of lowering the weight of the plane!  :D

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
That's the easiest part of the sky to get them all into, so yes. Just have the ground crew saw parts of the airframe away so you can see. Has an added bonus of lowering the weight of the plane!  :D

I've tried Hitech said they're not allowed too :devil.
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 03:08:46 PM »

Ideally you'd like to be able to see that piece of sky.  The idea is that it's easier to track them if you're not spinning your head around or flicking your thumb like crazy.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
I jam all the inputs until I lose total control of my plane and than I crash.
See Rule #4

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
Keeping everyone who wants to kill you in the same piece of sky is the best and simplest advice I've ever heard for fighting multiple cons.

Aww damn... I shouldn't have typed that.  I shoulda sent a PM too.   :frown:

:rofl

I think the best thing to work on is your shot. Understanding the maneuvers, and circle fighting, and E management is all well and good, but if you can't even the odds and quickly your going to get shot down.

Like Latrobe said, you have small shot opportunities, you must make them count. Even if you don't down the guy with a quick burst you must damage him enough to make him much less important in your SA chain, or enough that he decides to limp home. This is the best way to survive multi con fights.

Your good enough in 1 vs1 to win most. Think of multi con fights as a bunch of 1 vs 1 happening at the same time. This is why its great to be able to get all of them in one area. What works on one most likely will work on all of them at the same time. The only real difference in a 1 vs 1 or 1 multi con fight is the time for your shot. In a 1 vs 1 you have plenty of time to saddle up and aim and knock the guy down. In a multi con fight you have small windows to hit your target, make them count and you'll survive better.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »
some pretty good advice so far

couple things

first if you wanna compete against multiple cons, and walk away with a win every now and then, you need to get into a plane that can handle the job...

you dont grab a Hammer to cut the board....

the best plane for actually fighting against the gang is the Ki-84...

(I am not talking about picking a bunch of low reds on friendlies...I mean actually fighting the gang with NO friendlies around)

a couple other planes that work good against the gang

LA-7     most see this and think a runner... while she turns very well ;-) not very good ballistics....not great slow in the mud...but it can.
spit-16  great plane but too fragile to be real competitive because you will get hit eventually fighting against numbers.
N1k-     does lots good.... lotts of ammo....lights up way to easy

now the best friend of a lone wolf is Altitude... period

Latrobe really gave some great points about "threat assessment"  you must engage the biggest threat first...

do NOT try to saddle anyone....set up crossing shots where you can rake the length of the plane, this will give the best chance to take them out(dead 6 shots are the hardest to make)

ALWAYS fight in the vertical (unless you cant) in other words try to always break turn high....take your maneuvers to the vert...

last- DO NOT "think" DO

what did Bruce say...."I dont make it punch...it punches all on its own"

in other words the more you do it...the better you will get...and it will become second nature.

I will leave you with a couple raw AH films....

when you view them, make sure you tick "use recorded views" and "icons"

http://www.mediafire.com/download/519sngmbr2s8r1t/something_aint_right_with_that.ahf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ol6ok0wc4ppb22g/5killz4minutes_short.ahf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ynbdp4ixnbk5pp1/fightin5_51's_and_spit.ahf