Author Topic: Another <S> 49thTuba and the other Rooks thread  (Read 430 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Another <S> 49thTuba and the other Rooks thread
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:03:54 AM »
For those who still play this game for the war effort or those who once did but lost the way...

Earlier last night I had the pleasure of being a guest on the 49th FG vox a place I call my 2nd home. Shortly after FSO a few 49's trickled into the MA for some random fun as they always do. Now most of these guys could care less about taking bases or the war effort they just play for fun. Around 11pm CST Tuba got a stray hair and decided he would NOE to the knight strat in lancs. Much to his luck he made it and smacked it pretty hard despite encountering a 262 and flying right over the train. From there it was all downhill.

Shade hunters deacked a knight V-base and took it fairly easily. Then another base fell, then another, and another. By the 4th base take the horde was on. Bish decided it was time to push knight front and after 5 bases the majority of knights logged fr the night and ENY was on. Before you knew it knights had lost 60% of their bases.

Then a well timed and orchestrated Bish Strat run was organized by the rooks and executed flawlessly leaving down times comfortably high. With excellent prep work and good coordination the bish/rook front fell base after base like domino's even when defended.

Last night/this morning is a perfect example of how with a little timing and luck the actions of one player can change the momentum of a war. I witnessed it first hand. Granted it took a country effort to win it I want to personally salute 49Tuba for his awesome NOE strat run that he landed btw that started it all. Just goes to show that strategy and coordinated game play is still alive and well in AH. WTG Rooks! :aok

And to think not on HQ was dropped tonight :rofl
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Another <S> 49thTuba and the other Rooks thread
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:57:13 AM »
Wild hair.   Tuba got a wild hair.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:49:38 AM »
Wild hair.   Tuba got a wild hair.
no! stray hair... as in mad watch.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=26RTlPgg-tA
  :rock

A wild hair would imply that Tuba had made a sudden decision that was unexpected.  I had procrastinated for a good 30 minutes on vox my desire to hit Knight AAA and do it in 17's at 33k but gave up on the idea when I couldn't recruit anyone to join. I had expressed my utter discontent doing it any other way.
Tuba wanted to stick it to the knights and so he stray haired my original idea and got it done. Unlike myself who was too much of a coward.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 10:59:16 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:10:14 PM »
War?  Where?  Thought this was a game.    I'm always the last one to get the memo....
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »
War?  Where?  Thought this was a game.    I'm always the last one to get the memo....
:neener:  war "game" forgive me.

Bish day shift/Rook night shift keep the spirit of the war effort in its best form alive in the game.  :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO