Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13142 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2015, 10:55:49 AM »
Maybe change ENY or disable bomber/fighterbomber ordnance everywhere ?
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2015, 11:18:16 AM »
We don't need manners for someone who refuses to show respect towards other people. You were the first one to start throwing poop at people, and having you of all people lecture me on etiquette, quite frankly is insulting.

We can't shut you up because you're incapable of recognizing when your input is neither needed nor wanted. You seem to be driven by this belief that we actually want to hear what you have to say on the matter.

When you use a simile to compare us to children in daycare, I suggest you actually make the subject matter of the daycare children somewhat relate-able to the topic at hand. You're not even in the same ball park with your comparison.

What you don't seem to realize is that ever since you walked into this thread with your skid-marked tidy whiteys on your head, humping the furniture in an attempt to get attention, we've been laughing at you, not with you.

Now, back to the matter at hand. This discussion is about how it is too easy for a single player to take the HQ down. If you have a legitimate reason as to why the HQ should not be hardened, or reworked, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I may as well ad you to the ignore list now and get it out of the way.

All that time and energy wasted typing that out for nothing.

The HQ system negatively impacts the play of players looking for kills not contributing to the war. I don't agree that the HQ should be hardened. I do agree with those who have suggested the HQ should be better defended. I should not be able to come in at 3k and drop the HQ and live through it.

I also think the HQ should have a set downtime without the ability to resupply. 30 minutes max but that's just MY opinion.

So much hate from some of you poor souls. It's good entertainment!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
killing HQ could stop all auto resupply convoys everywhere. That's still a massive disadvantage in the 'war game' (probably even more than no dar), but doesn't stop the players ability to fight.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:04 AM »

All that time and energy wasted typing that out for nothing.

The HQ system negatively impacts the play of players looking for kills not contributing to the war. I don't agree that the HQ should be hardened. I do agree with those who have suggested the HQ should be better defended. I should not be able to come in at 3k and drop the HQ and live through it.

I also think the HQ should have a set downtime without the ability to resupply. 30 minutes max but that's just MY opinion.

So much hate from some of you poor souls. It's good entertainment!

Pot calling the kettle black.

Your sig is an accurate reflection into your psyche. Your delusions of grandeur are unfounded. Apparently, the only person who's opinion matters is your own.
FineTime of Soup Nazis AKA Top 1% Elite Bomber God Mode

But through your self ritious blithering, you've still failed to answer my question. Why shouldn't the HQ be hardened?

I even made it a bit easier to see since you don't seem to be such a good reader.

killing HQ could stop all auto resupply convoys everywhere. That's still a massive disadvantage in the 'war game' (probably even more than no dar), but doesn't stop the players ability to fight.

This is an interesting idea, though I don't think that having them stop completely is a good idea. Maybe slowing to an ungodly pace would be better.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:28:44 AM by Dragon Tamer »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:09 PM »

This is an interesting idea, though I don't think that having them stop completely is a good idea. Maybe slowing to an ungodly pace would be better.

Which it actually does. No auto resupply convoys means the objects would still come back up, but at an "ungodly pace". remember, if you fully destroy a convoy it will increase remaining downtime by a little over 7 minutes every 10 minutes.

In the end, no HQ would effectively about triple the remaining downtime, manual resupply nonwithstanding.

A big advantage for the enemy, but he still has to fight over the objectives.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2015, 07:36:16 PM »
The root of the issue still remains that a smaller number of players, huge maps, combined with HQs being down means less fun to be had by all; add in the fact that a lot of us have families and jobs to work around just to find some flying time and it becomes very frustrating to say the least.  While I don't plan on quitting the game in desperation, I can certainly understand some doing so; I know I certainly log out and go do something else when the above mentioned elements come together and make finding a good fight a long shot, given the amount of free time I have at hand.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2015, 08:00:58 PM »
The root of the issue still remains that a smaller number of players, huge maps, combined with HQs being down means less fun to be had by all; add in the fact that a lot of us have families and jobs to work around just to find some flying time and it becomes very frustrating to say the least.  While I don't plan on quitting the game in desperation, I can certainly understand some doing so; I know I certainly log out and go do something else when the above mentioned elements come together and make finding a good fight a long shot, given the amount of free time I have at hand.

This says it all.  I've had a chance to fly a couple times now recently and in times where it used to be a much larger crowd.  Now the crowd is smaller on larger maps and finding the fight is much harder and time consuming. 

I'm sure folks will tell me it's selective nostalgia but it makes me long for the Airwarrior days prior to the win the map days.  The map was small enough that you knew where the fights were, bomber guys could irritate the fighter pilots by bombing the Spit factory and if you wanted to capture a base it meant you were going to have to really fight for it and hold it.

The appeal was actual cartoon combat against other cartoon pilots.  There was no real way to avoid combat if you wanted to play in the arena.

A lot of the people who became longtime friends via the game were first met in those lanes between airfields where you had to fight.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »
Pot calling the kettle black.

Your sig is an accurate reflection into your psyche. Your delusions of grandeur are unfounded. Apparently, the only person who's opinion matters is your own.
But through your self ritious blithering, you've still failed to answer my question. Why shouldn't the HQ be hardened?

I even made it a bit easier to see since you don't seem to be such a good reader.

I didn't know what his sig was because I have him on ignore, but I thought I'd check. LOL!!! I checked his scores back 3 years and as you can see I only found a few tours. I copied the highlights so ya'll can be the judges.

Given the lack of tour data, I wonder what other shades he uses. It always boggles the mind why HTC would allow some people to come in and sling poo as they say, to the point of alienating other customers, some to the point a canceling subscriptions. Oh well.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2015, 11:32:58 PM »
That is my preferred solution. It gives the win-the-war crowd a good reason to attack it, complements and enhance the effect of city bombing, yet does not prevent combat from happening.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2015, 02:11:32 AM »
I didn't know what his sig was because I have him on ignore, but I thought I'd check. LOL!!! I checked his scores back 3 years and as you can see I only found a few tours. I copied the highlights so ya'll can be the judges.

Given the lack of tour data, I wonder what other shades he uses. It always boggles the mind why HTC would allow some people to come in and sling poo as they say, to the point of alienating other customers, some to the point a canceling subscriptions. Oh well.

He used to be a vTARD if that helps any.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline 27th

• Copper Member
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2015, 03:54:25 PM »
HQ should be tough to penetrate as:
"I have a headache"

:salute
27th

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2015, 05:58:06 PM »
I just logged on account of our hq going down for the 3rd time in an hour. And yes, we were defending it. Flying circles around 1 area chasing a red dar bar and resupping hq just aint fun. Not crying, just offering my point of view.

Who gives a rats donut if headquarters is down, the game still goes on and you can still find fights just by flying to a red owned field. What is sad is the cry babies, "I am not going to play anymore if HQ is down" whiners. That is what is pathetic.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »
Who gives a rats donut if headquarters is down, the game still goes on and you can still find fights just by flying to a red owned field. What is sad is the cry babies, "I am not going to play anymore if HQ is down" whiners. That is what is pathetic.

Really, care to explain then why I went to an enemy field last week and circled it for 20 minutes without seeing a single plane? The most action I got was an 88 that started shooting at me so I dropped both 88s and never saw anything. And no, I wasn't circling at 20k. After dropping the 88s I was down around 5k.

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
Really, care to explain then why I went to an enemy field last week and circled it for 20 minutes without seeing a single plane? The most action I got was an 88 that started shooting at me so I dropped both 88s and never saw anything. And no, I wasn't circling at 20k. After dropping the 88s I was down around 5k.

Yep, we are finding the exact same situation when the HQ is down, we went to three different enemy bases and didn't see a single con, not even when we dropped in and started deacking the field.
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2015, 07:11:13 PM »

damn I'm playing way too much if that's my stats in less than 2 months.  There have been times over the last 4 years where I've taken extended breaks from the game mainly because for me it can be an addiction and I have to step away. I'll just let an account go default and start a new one when I come back cause I'm not a Stat potato.

LOL you folks are sad if you think I run shades.  :x I have thought about buying a secondary account to have on the same country for strictly strat running and keeping B-29's on a perch at all times while playing but I can't afford it right now being a father of 2 and the only breadwinner.

But keep trying fellas you will eventually find a way to get to me.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:14:25 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO