Author Topic: the hoard  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: the hoard
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 02:29:09 PM »
I LOVE the hordes! Watching 8 of them overshoot at once, 5 more auger in, and 10 running away in terror. I love you hordes! Please don't leave me.  :devil

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
Agree that I love to find any kind of action, besides noe lancasters running away from downed HQ <<<< has ruined much of what folks pay to play for (whine recorded o-kay).

Mikev,

I also try and avoid Head Ons especially when there are overwhelming numbers in our favor (disagree.... kill at all costs).

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
Fighting outnumbered is so damn fun, especially in my K4, but I die so much in those situations, hence that thread I have up there in the H & S forums.

262's are probably the most fun to fight a horde with.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 03:16:14 PM »
i upped a 262 for shyts n grinns the other night and got whoooooped  :lol  was fun trying tho hahaha

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »
Caldera - awesome.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 03:41:28 PM »
Was ganged several times last night. My fault I had the opportunity to run but didn't. Managed to even get a couple of kills. What makes me smile is I ho'd a 110 and won, sort of. He died first. LOL

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »
The most effective way to fight the horde is top down with a fast cannon bird. :rolleyes:

The most fun way is from the bottom up in something maneuverable. :rock

AMAX  in game

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »
if you fly into a out numbered situation , whats everybody suppose to do let you shot us down 1 by 1?  thats crazy. if i see 1 of my team pilot in trouble i will come to their aid and i dont care if i have to ho, cut off , even collide with the other plane ,you are the cartoon enemy trying to kill my teammate, sorry if you dont like it .
choose your fights wisely , find a better strategy , but if you fly into an outnumbered situation your the blame for what happens nobody else.

The other day I shot some guy down that piped up on channel 200, "WTG 3 of you" afterwards.  I found his comment funny because the Bishop player in his Bf 109K-4 was initially in a co-alt 1v1 fight with another Knight but dove to try and pick a lower con (me) after he blew his merge and lost the advantage..  He was only "ganged" because he made the stupid tactical decision to dive into a situation that would result in his being ganged, when he could have stayed at his altitude for a 1v1 fight.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »
The other day I shot some guy down that piped up on channel 200, "WTG 3 of you" afterwards.  I found his comment funny because the Bishop player in his Bf 109K-4 was initially in a co-alt 1v1 fight with another Knight but dove to try and pick a lower con (me) after he blew his merge and lost the advantage..  He was only "ganged" because he made the stupid tactical decision to dive into a situation that would result in his being ganged, when he could have stayed at his altitude for a 1v1 fight.

LOL have seen that happen more than once.  A lot of guys seem to think they're Chuck Norris and should be engaged in single, low altitude combat one at a time by the entire red horde.  Anything else is cheap.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 05:55:44 PM »
i upped a 262 for shyts n grinns the other night and got whoooooped  :lol  was fun trying tho hahaha

Only 1? PFFF! Lightweight!

I crashed 5 262s consecutively the other night fighting the rook horde (did manage to bring down one of their 262s though :D). Only one person was credited with a kill (they didn't actually shoot me down). They shot me up, and I later lost a wing in a HO with a jug... crashed the jet while trying to land and a kill was awarded.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »
You are all so lucky, you have no idea how lucky you are. I hear EVERYONE complaining about being ganged and horded to death, but whenever I find one of these hordes they don't fight me to the death, they all run away.  :(

You should all be counting yourselves super lucky to find hordes that are willing to fight you.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 07:18:50 PM »
Only 1? PFFF! Lightweight!

I crashed 5 262s consecutively the other night fighting the rook horde (did manage to bring down one of their 262s though :D). Only one person was credited with a kill (they didn't actually shoot me down). They shot me up, and I later lost a wing in a HO with a jug... crashed the jet while trying to land and a kill was awarded.

Sorry you got this 100% WRONG..........rook never ever horde! :rofl
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »
I enjoy upping to fight hordes. It is great fun to see how many I can take with me. Some seem to be quite shocked to find you get just as many kills when you are shot down with them as when you land them.
The best part though is nearly all hordes have the same thing in common-they will abandon goon, give up alt, over commit, whatever, to kill the one upper. Inevitably my (and others with me) upping leads to some much better (than me at least) pilots making it to the fight when the horde has done all of these wrong things and they get cleaned up. Very satisfying. And the best part, the reason to not detune 200, is the inevitable response this incurs from the defeated horde "buncha pickers" and "gangt@#&$".

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 08:01:37 PM »
as a horde fighter from day one...I can say....I enjoy them every time  :rock

live or "die"  does not matter.....the adrenaline rush of making 5 or more guys try to kill me is just over the top....

you will never hear me complain about being ganged...the more the better :joystick:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 08:40:10 PM »
as a horde fighter from day one...I can say....I enjoy them every time  :rock

live or "die"  does not matter.....the adrenaline rush of making 5 or more guys try to kill me is just over the top....

you will never hear me complain about being ganged...the more the better :joystick:

be nice if more shared your same mentality, ink.....rofl...... some just don't get it.....it is all about the fight win or lose

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC