Author Topic: I wanna make custom gunsights .  (Read 2852 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
Re: I wanna make custom gunsights .
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 12:03:07 AM »
oh nooooooo now i know what your view will be when ya squeeze the trigger ...  System: You shot down MAGIC58 #41 :bolt:
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23:17 AM »
I suggest making custom rocket gunsights displaying lines with a range indicator. I have this one sight just absolutely perfect for the P51D rockets and you can pick off AA from a mile out.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 03:21:47 PM »
The Black background Didn't made the sight nearly invisible against the sky and water. The white background made it allot better on my end, this is what i see

(Image removed from quote.)

The gunsight is from an old star wars game and shouldn't be as practical as some of the others that are out there, although funny enough my aim has improved since I started using it.

Interesting, if I save your bitmap directly to my sights folder and use it, the white mask acts like a black or magenta mask. If I open it in an art program first to look at it and then use it. The game shows me the white mask. Maybe Waffle can explain that phenomenon.

Its a 100Mil diameter with cyan vector rays at 27 degrees, medium blue center dot\oblong, and a medium blue rectangle 50Milx85Mil. But, if you don't use zoom, the thickness of those ray structures are ideal for none zoomed shooting. 15 pixel wide lines show up very well in non zoomed mode. I will venture you use the horizontal sides of the rectangle for low E 10-20 degree deflection shots while relying on the vector rays in higher E turns and to point down at a con passing under you to line up the vector for a deflection shot. The bottom of the dark blue rectangle you probably use for dive bombing and determining elevation for firing from above while diving down on a con. Over the years some players have liked the HTC 6-star K14 reticle for the same reasons.

Why don't you make a cleaned up copy of it that looks like a WW2 gunsight would possibley have projected it? Going through the steps of accomplishing that will teach you a lot about making gunsights. Just use cyan and medium blue and it will stand out like your screen capture. You can make your center blob a round dot.

You can do this with a medium blue 50Mil ring then pull cyan 27 degree 15 pixel wide lines. Then place a 6-12 Mil cyan dot in the center. By the way, your center dot in your bitmap is below the center point the convergence app aims at. Essentially giving you a relative speed compensation out to about 400yds with a 50 cal in a level 6 chase.

The center dot being a vertical oblong, makes me wonder if the actual bitmap in it's game, isn't wider and the rectangle actually a square with a round dot in the center. I seem to remember years ago seeing the reticle from that game and the center was a box while the ray vectors went out farther on each side representing the wings of the X-Wing you were flying in. Did you compress the sides to fit this game? Weren't the ray vector lines more uniform across their length and less stretched tear drop shaped, with the green dots on each end representing the blasters?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 03:43:37 PM »
The plan is to clean it up, the one I have there is really just a rough draft so to speak. The sight itself is probably warped, was cropped from a Screen shot i had lying around. I used MS paint, but I'm currently reloading Photoshop so ill be able to play around with it abit more.

I noticed the center dot seemed off in game so i just kinda blotched one in where I felt it would be centered.

The ray vectors did indeed represent the Blaster cannons for the X-wing. Ill post the other Sights I've managed to throw together in the last couple of days.

Thanks for the response
See Rule #4

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »
I suggest...

Do they let you play AH there in North Korea Stealth?
Elvis
The Flying Circus