Author Topic: Top ten oldest squads in Aces High?  (Read 17548 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Top ten oldest squads in Aces High?
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »
Tiff+ if you haven't heard, I have had alzheimers for the past 12/13 years........my mind is slowly going, Girl ( is a joke, when I actually thought you was a female back in AW in RR, hehe )

but seriously, Thank You for keeping me from fouling that up mixing the 2 together, my friend!

edit: must be that rivalry that caused me to put them together? am guessing........

TC

LOL back in those days when one had to explain that the RAF Typhoon was referred to as a Tiffie!  Ah well, it was good fun.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2015, 05:56:44 PM »
Joined 1st guns in 1998 for AW/falcon/ATF - they existed since 96 or 97.

JG 52

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

Are they still around?  Webpage or AH handle of one of the members so I can look 'em up?  Thanks! 

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
Are they still around?  Webpage or AH handle of one of the members so I can look 'em up?  Thanks! 

www.1stguns.de is last I remember, looks like website hasn't been updated in years.
JG 52

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
Tiff+ if you haven't heard, I have had alzheimers for the past 12/13 years........my mind is slowly going, Girl ( is a joke, when I actually thought you was a female back in AW in RR, hehe )

You fight too well to have alzheimers.    ;)   :salute

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
You fight too well to have alzheimers.    ;)   :salute

TY< but most will tell you I am probably bout 50/60% of what my skill may have been 8 yrs ago..... and I have never been in the top 10.......

just my thinking

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »
LOL back in those days when one had to explain that the RAF Typhoon was referred to as a Tiffie!  Ah well, it was good fun.

well, yes sir, you did explain the meaning, but we did not even knew what vox was then! lol

hope you're doing well!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »

Butcher, you didn't mention the Jane's forums ! hehe

TC

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2015, 09:42:04 PM »
Duxford Wing RAF has been around since BEFORE Aces High.  Sadly, we have a single limey in our ranks now.  When I joined in Jan of '08 there were a half dozen limeys, a few dingy Welshmen, and even a rascally Scot.  :D  Oh, I think we had an Afrikaner as well.

Now, there are mostly yanks and a Canuck or two. And we are blessed to have a qbert, too.   :D     
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 07:17:41 AM »
www.1stguns.de is last I remember, looks like website hasn't been updated in years.

Thanks Butcher!  I'll get them in the list.

Regarding the website not being updated for years - I'm curious.  Why do you think that is?   (And your squad's website is certainly not the only one suffering from lack of attention.).  Were squad websites just a phase in the chronology of MMO history?  Has their functionality and usefulness been supplanted or replaced by something else?

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2015, 03:07:34 PM »
I remember the old AW web ring, just cruising around different sites.
-AoM-

Offline WOOD1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
I was with the 327th Steel Talons in the 90s playing Air Warrior. I saw and tried Aces High and liked it better so I joined the AKs. I've been out for a couple of years because of health issues and I just came back this week and it's great to be back. I suck so free kills till I get my sea legs back

Offline WOOD1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »
Oh, BTW, my name in the arena is AKWoody.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:57 PM »
Made some fixes, added some squads you guys mentioned.  Removed the Gunfighters as they appear to be defunct.   Looks like 1996 was a good year for squads...lotta 20 year anniversaries coming up next year.  Wish I could find a start year for the Birds of Prey; I just stuck them in the 1992-1996 gap.

Does anyone know the status of the Few, LTAR, and the Elite?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:16:28 PM by oboe »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »
Ahem.  :grin: