Author Topic: Tattoo idea, real aces that fought each other  (Read 691 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Tattoo idea, real aces that fought each other
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 02:48:43 PM »
You should get a tattoo that says I make bad decisions. Oh wait, that's what all tattoos say  :D

opinions..... :rolleyes:

tattoos are a time saver...

they allow me to not get to know people who are judgmental aholes....

the only difference between tattooed and non tattooed people...

tattooed people don't care if you are not tattooed.

and last, my own.....

tattoos are an outward expression of ones inner self....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:53:03 PM by ink »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: Tattoo idea, real aces that fought each other
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 04:11:39 PM »
When I first read this, I thought the OP was a bit out there with this idea, but after thinking about it a while, not being a tattoo person really, I think it's as good an idea as anything else.  It should be something you like, a subject you enjoy, it doesn't have to (though it can) be a showy thing to impress the girls IMO.

Buzz Beurling is one of my favorite subjects, IMO the best shot on the allied side in the war, and in anyone's top 5 overall.  That said, he was a cold person, and worse he looked like a starving Iggy Pop, so maybe not the best subject for a tat.  Sakai vs Pug  on the other hand - a samurai/zero motif fighting a blue Navy/Mascot/Goat/Bulldog/F4F type deal.  Or a Tuck vs Galland classic Spit vs 109 tat would be interesting as well.

Cudos any which way for the post, I've spent the day reading about one on one encounters throughout history of air warfare online, some pretty interesting stuff out there.

Of course, even when you explain it to people, most won't know what you're talking about - "the second world war air war, that thing that was on CNN right??" sort of response, but again, if it's something just for yourself, that shouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 04:54:05 PM by Gman »