Author Topic: N1k and other planes.  (Read 4977 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: N1k and other planes.
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
I'd prefer the j2m2 or J2m3 over the J2m5.

The J2m2 outperforms both the later variants.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2015, 10:26:39 PM »
I'd prefer the j2m2 or J2m3 over the J2m5.

The J2m2 outperforms both the later variants.

All 3 even better  :aok

Like the Yak release...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 12:22:32 AM »
Omg I thought perk the n1k2 threads had gone extinct around the turn of the century.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »
I find the KI-84 a far superior fighter. If not "far" then certainly superior. The KI climbs better, is faster, has better guns, and I find it sturdier. I admit I dont have much experience in a N1K but I would rate the KI-84 one of the 5 best non-perked fighters in the game.

the quad 20's in my opinion are by far the easier gun package to use, extremely devastating firepower...much easier to use...
making it the deadliest gun package in game....
now just attach them to my Ki84 and I will be quite happy.

Different 20mms. The KI's had the HO-5's, a much better 20mm then the type 99, along with a couple 0.50s. Thats plenty of bang for the buck. The N1k's 4 type 99s werent really worth the weight, which is probably what makes the N1k "feel" more cumbersome. The HO-5 had an insane ROF, more I bet then any other 20mm in the war I bet. Which is what makes the KI-67 so dangerous to fighters. If two HO-5s and 2 0.50s dont do the trick, most of all against other fighters, then nothing will.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:18:02 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 04:02:13 AM »
I find the KI-84 a far superior fighter. If not "far" then certainly superior. The KI climbs better, is faster, has better guns, and I find it sturdier. I admit I dont have much experience in a N1K but I would rate the KI-84 one of the 5 best non-perked fighters in the game.

Different 20mms. The KI's had the HO-5's, a much better 20mm then the type 99, along with a couple 0.50s. Thats plenty of bang for the buck. The N1k's 4 type 99s werent really worth the weight, which is probably what makes the N1k "feel" more cumbersome. The HO-5 had an insane ROF, more I bet then any other 20mm in the war I bet. Which is what makes the KI-67 so dangerous to fighters. If two HO-5s and 2 0.50s dont do the trick, most of all against other fighters, then nothing will.

I was actually referring to the quad 20's on the Hurri not the N1k....

and ya I love the 20's on the Ki.... :grin:

I agree with your assessment of the Ki against the N1k.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:19 AM »
I disagree about the N1K2's Type 99 Model IIs.  While their RoF is not very good on a per gun basis, as modeled in AH it is the second hardest hitting 20mm cannon.  That coupled with its insane amount of ammo is what makes it so dangerous in spray and pray situations.  The Type 99 Model IIs of the N1K2-J and A6M5b hit with 98 or 99% of the power of the Hispano Mk II 20mm and, unlike the Type 99 Model Is of the A6M2 and A6M3 also have decent ballistics roughly on par with the MG151/20 20mm, SHvAK 20mm and Ho-5 20mm.  The Ho-5, in comparison, has a much higher rate of fire, but it is also the lightest hitting 'good' 20mm cannon by a fair margin, meaning individual stray hits are not as likely to cause catastrophic damage.  The lighter ammo load coupled with the much higher RoF require the pilot to be much more judicious with their shooting.  The Ki-84 is the better duelist, but as a brawler there are strong points in favor of the N1K2-J and strong points in favor of the Ki-84, but firepower is most certainly on the N1K2-J's side.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:07:55 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2015, 03:05:00 PM »
The Quad-20mm hizooka gun-package is, in my opinion, the best gun-package in game.

the Quad 30mm in the 262 are better imo.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2015, 03:07:02 PM »

The N1ki doesn't need to be perked because it isn't over used, so there is no need to artificially limit its use.
Who is John Galt?

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »
the Quad 30mm in the 262 are better imo.

Of course they hit harder, but thats about the only advantage they have. The Hispano has a higher rate of fire, higher muzzle velocity, better ballistic properties and usually comes with a larger ammo clip per gun.

There's a reason why the 262 is the only German plane with 4 m108s. It's because the closure where rates that they need the high volume of fire to be effective.
See Rule #4

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2015, 04:26:17 PM »
Of course they hit harder, but thats about the only advantage they have. The Hispano has a higher rate of fire, higher muzzle velocity, better ballistic properties and usually comes with a larger ammo clip per gun.

There's a reason why the 262 is the only German plane with 4 m108s. It's because the closure where rates that they need the high volume of fire to be effective.

The scatter pattern of a 30mm is actually an advantage. When it only takes 1 round to down a bandit, it is optimum to cover as much area of the sky as possible with the rounds being fired instead of concentrating them because there is no need for 2 rounds to land in the same place. So the randomization of the 30mm actually creates a very large Kill pattern/sec for the Quad 30mm. And in my estimation, produces a larger Kill Pattern than the quad 20mm, or must other gun packages.

Because most are so un-used to firing the 30mm, their lead computation is so far off that the Huge Kill Pattern can't make up the difference. This leads people to under rate the Quad 30mm gun package.

:salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »
The scatter pattern of a 30mm is actually an advantage. When it only takes 1 round to down a bandit, it is optimum to cover as much area of the sky as possible with the rounds being fired instead of concentrating them because there is no need for 2 rounds to land in the same place. So the randomization of the 30mm actually creates a very large Kill pattern/sec for the Quad 30mm. And in my estimation, produces a larger Kill Pattern than the quad 20mm, or must other gun packages.

Because most are so un-used to firing the 30mm, their lead computation is so far off that the Huge Kill Pattern can't make up the difference. This leads people to under rate the Quad 30mm gun package.

:salute

I'd submit that 'user friendliness' factors into the equation for 'best gun package' though.  It's pretty easy to make the case that quad hizookas are the easiest package of cannons to hit with, even if other packages have more raw power.  The combination of ease of gunnery, trajectory, and power is what makes them good.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »
I disagree about the N1K2's Type 99 Model IIs.  While their RoF is not very good on a per gun basis, as modeled in AH it is the second hardest hitting 20mm cannon.  That coupled with its insane amount of ammo is what makes it so dangerous in spray and pray situations.  The Type 99 Model IIs of the N1K2-J and A6M5b hit with 98 or 99% of the power of the Hispano Mk II 20mm and, unlike the Type 99 Model Is of the A6M2 and A6M3 also have decent ballistics roughly on par with the MG151/20 20mm, SHvAK 20mm and Ho-5 20mm.  The Ho-5, in comparison, has a much higher rate of fire, but it is also the lightest hitting 'good' 20mm cannon by a fair margin, meaning individual stray hits are not as likely to cause catastrophic damage.  The lighter ammo load coupled with the much higher RoF require the pilot to be much more judicious with their shooting.  The Ki-84 is the better duelist, but as a brawler there are strong points in favor of the N1K2-J and strong points in favor of the Ki-84, but firepower is most certainly on the N1K2-J's side.

I always thought that the 20's on the KI were some of the fastest firing guns in game...(which makes up for their lack of punch but like you say, you gotta conserve....)..

strange though trying to find info on the  quad 20 ki... I found a few write ups from WT....their KI84 has very slow firing 20's. (at least that is what players are saying)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2015, 05:48:50 PM »
I'd submit that 'user friendliness' factors into the equation for 'best gun package' though.  It's pretty easy to make the case that quad hizookas are the easiest package of cannons to hit with, even if other packages have more raw power.  The combination of ease of gunnery, trajectory, and power is what makes them good.

Wiley.

I'd still say that the Quad-Hizookas are still all around more effective than the Quad-mk108s. Sure the 30mm is very dangerous once someone become proficient with them, But the Hispano is dangerous without a good gunner behing the stick. the 30mms biggest weakness is its terrible muzzle velocity. The round is Slow and it drops off alot. This means you need to pull that much more lead on target which in turns makes you more vulnerable to overshoots and gives him more room to get out of your guns.
See Rule #4

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2015, 12:45:31 AM »
Makes me wonder what kind of perk tag would be needed on a 262 with quad Mk103's. :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2015, 08:55:56 AM »
We should perk all these planes:

All Spitfire because they are Uber.
Mustang cuz it is a noob plane.
Brewster and Zero cuz they turn good.
All P-38s cuz they have 2 engines.
109 K4 cuz it can climb.
FW-190 cuz it can roll.
37mm P-39 cuz 37mm.

Actually, perk all the aircraft and ground vehicles except C-47 and Jeep.  All the noobs and dweebs should only get to fly the C-47. 
This should alienate anybody who dares play in way I don't agree with.   :noid
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!