Author Topic: HQ downed by GV's...  (Read 2041 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: HQ downed by GV's...
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 05:51:51 PM »
Yes, the second number is heading, the third is elevation.  Funny, I was just going over the use of the .target command last night during gunnery training with two players (one a very long-time player) who had never used the azimuth and elevation numbers before.

I can see how this could be used by a single GV to zero in a target, but for multiple GVs I would think they would have to all be very close together or even small variations in terrain pitch could throw it off.  Still a clever use of a game feature (despite it's application being distasteful to much of the community).

I'm curious now how the correct number was determined without a friendly spotter, as you wouldn't know you are scoring hits until it went down, no?

<S>
Ryno

In the mission i joined months ago we had a spotter up on a hill.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »
Yes, the second number is heading, the third is elevation.  Funny, I was just going over the use of the .target command last night during gunnery training with two players (one a very long-time player) who had never used the azimuth and elevation numbers before.

I can see how this could be used by a single GV to zero in a target, but for multiple GVs I would think they would have to all be very close together or even small variations in terrain pitch could throw it off.  Still a clever use of a game feature (despite it's application being distasteful to much of the community).

I'm curious now how the correct number was determined without a friendly spotter, as you wouldn't know you are scoring hits until it went down, no?

<S>
Ryno
From my understanding you line up each vehicle as close as possible. The target gives you a refrence point but does not aim the gun for you that's done manually so you can make small adjustments with your stick or mouse to compensate if you have a bunch of gvs lined up. It's a blast being on a hill/mountain 4/6 miles away and shelling a target like a  ammo bunker or destroying a hanger at a port, vehicle, or airbase. It's very easy once you get it zero'd in. What makes it difficult is scouting out the right location and base to hit or strat/HQ. I just don't have the patience that those 49r's do to drive for 3 hours lol to me that's what really made it epic not necessarily killing both NME HQ'S :salute
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:13:37 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
Most of you shot pilots feel that HTC owes you all this.
  Owes me what? Where do I say I think HTC owes me anytihng? Don't try to read my mind or put words in my mouth. You're not good at it.  :salute 

I have very rarely not found a fight in with HQ down.
  So you don't complain about waisting time trying to find a fight, Good for you. Respect that others may not like it.  If local radars were up after you dropped HQ, would you complain about that? If not, then my idea would reduce complaints. Please try to address the impact of the idea on your gameplay, instead of incorrectly assessing my motives.

Calling a gv mission lame is about like calling a 1v1 lame.
  You may want to reply to the person who made that point. I never called GV missions lame. I'm not against your GV raid to HQ [/quote]

Doing it offline.  Who would sweety on the board about it.  Come on guys you are making it more rewarding  for them. 
Again, You may want to reply to the person who made that point.

If HQ goes down and HQ isn't flashing. Grab a typhoon  and go looking.. They are 2 hard to  find.

I have Zero interest in that Mission. If HQ is down and it prevents me from the mission I want to run, I log off and go do something else. When I log back on it will be a different map, in a different war and I could couln't care less.

:salute
Who is John Galt?