Author Topic: Dueling arena  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Dueling arena
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2015, 02:56:05 PM »
believe the f3 mode has more to do with delfection shots that most people would normally miss :headscratch:

1.  Deflection shots
2.  Better vision under the nose....you won't be escaping an F3er by chopping throttle and disappearing under their nose.
3.  Un impeded views up left right and behind, lol.  Nothing blocks any angle of view
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »
Only deflection shots worth talking about are in Hockey.

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
That is why i never DA, if they remove f3 mode (or at a LAN party where no one was in f3) I would DA. I just don't want to rig my stick for all the xternal view possibilities. For those that don't know, f3 is external view mode, pretty much arcade style flying, and if you are good with the view settings, its like having a transparent cockpit. Seeing is everything in an acm engagement. the body and the wings of the aircraft are necessary barriers to that and requires maneuvering to compensate.. read that realism. So when I get a da challenge.. I am good for it in the main arena where all is equal. btw the ones the claim loudly "I dont use f3 mode" are probably the ones that do.

What, exactly, is the rationale for allowing f3 mode in the first place? Seems ridiculous to allow it in the one place even odds is what the game's all about.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »
What, exactly, is the rationale for allowing f3 mode in the first place? Seems ridiculous to allow it in the one place even odds is what the game's all about.

Cant answer that one.  Only that its been in the DA forever and it isn't going away.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2015, 02:46:30 PM »
DA was ruined by Alpha Males in game  :old:

zack is a bravo male.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2015, 04:04:43 PM »
F3 mode is nice to see these great skins l
guys are making,  but it should be disabled when within icon range of an enemy.

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:08 AM »
The arena was provided so the furballers could have that endless furball that the claim to want.  AH provided it in the form of furball lake, however, it appears that the furballers would rather fly in the MA and continue to complain whenever someone takes down a fighter hanger.  Could be that when confronted with equal numbers of furballing nme in the DA they discovered they really arn't that good and need the distraction of the heavy, slow , fat jabos in the MA to provide that impression that they are skilled combat pilots.

THIS! I love the DA but most nights there are tumbleweeds blowing through there. Maybe if they had DA scores more chest beaters would show up. But more likely what you said.
Your tears feed me 😃