Author Topic: sound packs  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: sound packs
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:35:54 AM by Skuzzy »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 07:01:33 AM »
I keep the external sounds cranked up just to catch the sound of a close P-38.  Nothing better.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
birds
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 02:27:05 PM »
From someone that works in the field rebuilding aircraft. I'll take his experience and knowledge over yours anyday....................... ........

There are several aircraft flying with active turbos.  The bigger issue with turbos is damage.  If they receive a penetrating hit, or one that distorts the housing, they can come apart catastrophically.  It is part of the reason later 38's received armor on the inboard side, to protect the pilot.

The one thing I see with the guys flying active turbos is this.  You fly regularly, awesome.  It won't leak.  You fly infrequently and the weather pops the carbon seal formed when you run it, the oil all leaks out....  That's a bit over a gallon a pop.
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »
Not that I was talking to you, but the information I was referring to (earlier in the thread and LONG since forgotten) comes from a guy that actually flew the P-38 in WWII and who also regularly talks to those that are flying them today. In WWII they changed over to the Spit 14 because the P-38 turbo issue made it a POS and cost men their lives.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:26 PM »
Challenge,

I just downloaded your sound pack, installed it & took it for a few sorties...................... ........

I must say the sounds are very nice, sir!

Thanks!

:aok
 :salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 01:47:01 AM »
Thank you, sir.

The next release will have many improvements, especially concerning the radial engines, and machinegun cadences.