Author Topic: <S> P.O.T.W and any knight who I went up against tonight  (Read 728 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
<S> P.O.T.W and any knight who I went up against tonight
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:46:11 PM »
That was fun. I didn't want to chicken poop it off the map wanted to give the knights a chance to defend their AAA factory. I did climb to 34k, I knew what was coming. 2-3 163's, a 262, 190 (assuming it was a 152) and a pony. Razor shot down 2 drones in his 163 <S> on that.

And so after dropping the pony and a 163 I began the bomb run. Everything looking good. 262 having a really hard time climbing up to outer space as planned only wanted to contend wi the 163's, 47'ms, and 152's over the target. Get a good calibration, good line up, adjust my Salvo to compensate for 1 bomber. Type in Salvo and hit enter... doesn't enter. Hit it a couple more times and bailout 10 seconds before the drop :(

LOL I have no idea who the deuce was he was setting up for a pass from below and not only did I screw the drop I took away a well earned kill. Whoever you were I apologize.

I'm the donkey on that one. Survived all that only to kill myself. Oh the irony  :x :salute WTG Knight Defense see you on the next one
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:49:12 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Fate

• Zinc Member
Re: <S> P.O.T.W and any knight who I went up against tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »
Man, that's gotta hurt.  :cheers:

Worst I ever did was fall for the 'Alt-F4' trick.

Twice.  :bhead

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
 :kiss:It had a bite to it. I'd say for a good 30 minutes it was intense adrenaline packed action. Pigs ain't no joke when they are defending a strat and you got to be near perfect to survive them. Having done that then for it to end the way it did left me like  :headscratch: for a good hour or two afterwards. I have to say it was a great learning experience cause it does not get any tougher. After the dust had settled I was satisfied with the small victory I had of surviving up to that point before bailing. Until next time  :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:57:56 AM »
i chased wizz for about 40 minutes, I was in the pony.  was just shading him from 2k away.  the warning was given by razor as he was looking for him. first he went to the strats then a few sectors away he saw cons coming from up there so he processed to go west back to where he came from, i guess he didnt want to mess with 163's.  finally we had guys climbing east of him so he turned around. and decided to go into the strats, razor nailed 2 of his drones with a couple of passes by then my pony was almost on fumes so i decided to move in and got a couple of engines. but died.

wizz whether you pressed enter 3 times or not, you were not gonna make it to the strats we had 5 guys on you by then.

in other words no fricking way you were gonna drop your bombs :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 05:29:57 AM »
Sounds like fun had by all   :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:17 AM »
i chased wizz for about 40 minutes, I was in the pony.  was just shading him from 2k away.  the warning was given by razor as he was looking for him. first he went to the strats then a few sectors away he saw cons coming from up there so he processed to go west back to where he came from, i guess he didnt want to mess with 163's.  finally we had guys climbing east of him so he turned around. and decided to go into the strats, razor nailed 2 of his drones with a couple of passes by then my pony was almost on fumes so i decided to move in and got a couple of engines. but died.

wizz whether you pressed enter 3 times or not, you were not gonna make it to the strats we had 5 guys on you by then.

in other words no fricking way you were gonna drop your bombs :).

semp

Despite your squads best effort that night ultimately it was I who blew it right before the drop. The call to turn back west a sector was to draw out the 163's flight time to where I would only have to face those who upped in them for a few passes not 15-20 minutes and it worked. I had enough fuel to stall for another 30 minutes but wanted to go up against the 163's and I survived. At the time of the bail there was a 190 3.5k on my 6 who had been there awhile after his 1 pass and a 262 1.5k below who made several attempts at passes but kept stalling and would have to keep resetting.

Ultimately I sent you to the tower in a burning flame of glory while fighting off 2 other 163's @ the same time one of which was razor who got 2 kills. You guys throw up the hardest strat D in game cause you show up as a squad but you are beatable. Just near impossible as a single set. Regardless of your opinion you weren't there to see how close I actually was. Doesn't matter though strat stayed at 100%.

It took 4 jets and a pair of prop planes and I still got to the strat. I wouldn't have made it home and so.....

Pigs 2 FineTime 0  :salute
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:42:12 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »
I'll tell you what FineTime, next time your feeling this full of yourself, please feel free to PM me and issue a challenge to me to stop your raid on Knight HQ.  It will only take one of me, and all 3 of you will die.  Guar Ran Teed
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:49:37 AM »
I'll tell you what FineTime, next time your feeling this full of yourself, please feel free to PM me and issue a challenge to me to stop your raid on Knight HQ.  It will only take one of me, and all 3 of you will die.  Guar Ran Teed
HQ isn't a challenge and after talking to some vets I'm done with HQ runs until HTC fixes it. It's not a fair system and I'd rather respect people's game quality and time. But I will pm you to setup a time we can do this. Love a challenge.

Edit: pm sent look forward to the challenge

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:01:13 AM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 04:44:14 PM »

is this wagging?

:neener:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »
Despite your squads best effort that night ultimately it was I who blew it right before the drop. The call to turn back west a sector was to draw out the 163's flight time to where I would only have to face those who upped in them for a few passes not 15-20 minutes and it worked. I had enough fuel to stall for another 30 minutes but wanted to go up against the 163's and I survived. At the time of the bail there was a 190 3.5k on my 6 who had been there awhile after his 1 pass and a 262 1.5k below who made several attempts at passes but kept stalling and would have to keep resetting.

Ultimately I sent you to the tower in a burning flame of glory while fighting off 2 other 163's @ the same time one of which was razor who got 2 kills. You guys throw up the hardest strat D in game cause you show up as a squad but you are beatable. Just near impossible as a single set. Regardless of your opinion you weren't there to see how close I actually was. Doesn't matter though strat stayed at 100%.

It took 4 jets and a pair of prop planes and I still got to the strat. I wouldn't have made it home and so.....

Pigs 2 FineTime 0  :salute

yes because a pony at 36k with only 1 min worth of fuel is challenge.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 10:33:25 PM »
HQ isn't a challenge and after talking to some vets I'm done with HQ runs until HTC fixes it. It's not a fair system and I'd rather respect people's game quality and time. But I will pm you to setup a time we can do this. Love a challenge.

:aok
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 07:49:24 AM »

give these vets a medal, and have them run a bootcamp!

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 07:59:40 PM »
yes because a pony at 36k with only 1 min worth of fuel is challenge.

semp
wait wait wait semp...
You might have made it to 36k but I was at 34k for most of that and points below when dodging.

And yes it was a challenge because when you came up my six, 2 163's had already made a few passes and that when razor got his 2nd kill when I fired in your direction.

But then again buffs aren't a challenge to you right? There's no challenge in anything that took place last Saturday.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 08:01:30 PM »
give these vets a medal, and have them run a bootcamp!
I've been an ignorant donut to o thee people's game time. There's some good people just looking for a fight when they can.

Why fight you guys when you were right all along? :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO