Author Topic: Quality Gaming Mouse  (Read 936 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
Re: Quality Gaming Mouse
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »
The mouse is one of the most essential tools you're going to have in first person shooting games. Keep this in mind. It makes a huge difference in fast paced games which require fast and accurate aim.

Personally I appreciate the ability of the laser mice to track on random surfaces without having to resort to use of mouse mats or papers etc. I want my mice to work where ever, when ever. The best tracking feeling I ever got was from the Razer mouse but as mentioned, it died an early death.

This is exactly how I feel.  When my razer is working like it is intended, it's great.  The only problem is that it never works as intended unless it is plugged in all the time.  I wonder if I could get a replacement battery?

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 07:28:34 PM »
I'm sort of the opposite of Rip, I need a good mousing surface to keep my accuracy consistent.  For 20 to 40$ there are tons of options, I use the Steel Series flimsy but flat textured medium sized thin surface.  I hate mats that are made of that thicker rubber that frays and grabs at the mouse at the edges with a passion, or grabs your fingernails often as well.  I really like the smoother flat harder surface thin stuff.  This one I got for 14$ on sale, and it's the best I've used so far, simple but effective - http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX25959

While I've said I'm not a Razer fan, for an MMO mouse I too would pick the Nana Epic probably, as there just ain't that many options, and it seems the best for that.  I don't really play anything needed that many buttons, so I just go with something more simple and streamlined, but that's just me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
I'm sort of the opposite of Rip, I need a good mousing surface to keep my accuracy consistent.  For 20 to 40$ there are tons of options, I use the Steel Series flimsy but flat textured medium sized thin surface.  I hate mats that are made of that thicker rubber that frays and grabs at the mouse at the edges with a passion, or grabs your fingernails often as well.  I really like the smoother flat harder surface thin stuff.  This one I got for 14$ on sale, and it's the best I've used so far, simple but effective - http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX25959

While I've said I'm not a Razer fan, for an MMO mouse I too would pick the Nana Epic probably, as there just ain't that many options, and it seems the best for that.  I don't really play anything needed that many buttons, so I just go with something more simple and streamlined, but that's just me.

I'm the same when it comes to mouse pads.  I used to use a Razer Vespula dual surface pad and it was pretty good but it would sometimes lose the tracking of my Sentinel Advanced II mouse.  One of the vendors at a fanfest we had was showing a new mouse pad they were coming out with the XFX WarPad and gave me an extra.  I love this pad, yeah it's really big (takes up big chunk of my desk) but it comes with a built in wrist pad and clamps firmly to my desk and precision wise, it was leaps and bounds better than the Razer pad that I replaced.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 08:16:42 AM »
This is exactly how I feel.  When my razer is working like it is intended, it's great.  The only problem is that it never works as intended unless it is plugged in all the time.  I wonder if I could get a replacement battery?
Have you unchecked the power saving options in the Device Manager for both your USB connectors and your mouse? Not to mention other USB peripherals...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 07:35:02 PM »
i got the razer naga lasted me about 6 months.  I got the sentinel advanced II now, less buttons than the naga but it hasnt failed for a year now.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 10:08:04 PM »
for what its worth, every wireless mouse I have used in AH has had severe lag issues in game. Plug in a wired mouse and zero issues.