Author Topic: For those about to depart...  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
For those about to depart...
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:39:46 PM »

There's been a lot of talk lately about "stale gameplay" and issues we would like to see fixed, that we feel are contributing to the low player count. I have found myself flying less and less over the past few months, even considering letting my account lapse. I've tried different approaches in the MA, flying different planes, giving myself daily goals and missions to accomplish, even spending some time in the MID and EARLY arenas. But it just wasn't cutting it. I went into the DA tonite, and it was the same ole BS, people just lookin for easy kills, picking you while you're engaged, etc.etc. 

Until I noticed a small group in the Canyons. I joined in, and let me tell you... It was the most fun I've had in MONTHS ! the few players quickly grew to about 20 players, almost all on the same VOX, laughing, joking,  and KILLING each other.  They are there every Tuesday night (as will I be from now on)

I think we need more events like this. There were a few ideas about other events we'd like to do passed around, and I hope some of them come to pass.

If you're thinking about quitting, come join in on some of this stuff, or better yet.. create your own. I've seen "operation Kill the Krab" on one of Latrobe's videos, that looked like a hell of a lot of fun. But I never got a chance to take part.  It would be nice if planners of these events could announce them in all the arenas, like the special event hosts do !
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
Re: For those about to depart...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »
Nice thing is they are there every Tuesday!  Great bunch to fly with...
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 09:57:24 PM »
I can understand after so many years with nothing new while watching the whole gaming industry explode you kinda loose interest.

Too bad HTC couldn't do a little more over the years. As for me I'll always be content wi th the game until I get like you old farts.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »
What I'm worried is that the graphics update is the death rattle of AH. You gotta figure that if things don't pick up, at some point, registration is going to drop below the line of profitability, and HTC is going to close it down.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:46:25 AM »
This game is awesome :)

Game!

I have i offered my advice to AH in regards to business and thus so far have had no feedback.

Someone informed me that the "Zack cannot be trusted with a blunt spoon" was over heard. :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:14:55 AM »
Zack rules. :old:
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:18 AM »
Thank you for posting this naugty. I described about 3 days ago in the post about furball islands that there are many other aspects to AH besides the MA that make this game very exciting. I even mentioned that small rooms with 8-20 people will give you an exorbant amount of fun. All it takes is a lil looking around and trying out different rooms.

I wish others in AH would give this a whirl so that #s could pick up for these types of AH activities. The MA is not the only place to find awesome furballs!!

While the main argument is a limited social aspect that seperates you from your bros, many need to break out of their shells and find different parts to AH that suit their fun experience in AH. If you get like 15 of your bros into one room, the excitement level will skyrocket.

Hopefully with the new update, many more people will join AH and many of the rooms will start to expand their player bases. I wish that one day the AvA will blow up, as to me that is the most fun, challenging, realistic (besides FSO- to an extent) fights you can find in the game. The bases are closer and the maps always work. This arena is great fun with only 8-12 people.  I couldnt even imagine what 30 people would be like.

So get out there people and experience many parts of the game that you haven't tried yet, and you never know, it could be the best fun you've had all month!!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:53 AM »
I don't want to hijack this into another the game is dying because... conversation but I'm noticing the return of many former players and many new ones.

Thanks Naughty for pointing out the canyon fights...sounds like fun!

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:03:07 AM »
Us Menacing Ferrets often end our squad nights (Mon/Thu) with a trip to the death canyon.  I think from now on, we'll broadcast our intent on the public channel and see if anyone else wants to join in.  There's no better way to practice your ACM.  I just wish they'd turn the ragwings on in there so we could go Great War once in awhile.
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
     There's been a lot of talk lately about "stale gameplay" and issues we would like to see fixed, that we feel are contributing to the low player count. I have found myself flying less and less over the past few months, even considering letting my account lapse. I've tried different approaches in the MA, flying different planes, giving myself daily goals and missions to accomplish, even spending some time in the MID and EARLY arenas. But it just wasn't cutting it. I went into the DA tonite, and it was the same ole BS, people just lookin for easy kills, picking you while you're engaged, etc.etc. 

Until I noticed a small group in the Canyons. I joined in, and let me tell you... It was the most fun I've had in MONTHS ! the few players quickly grew to about 20 players, almost all on the same VOX, laughing, joking,  and KILLING each other.  They are there every Tuesday night (as will I be from now on)

I think we need more events like this. There were a few ideas about other events we'd like to do passed around, and I hope some of them come to pass.

If you're thinking about quitting, come join in on some of this stuff, or better yet.. create your own. I've seen "operation Kill the Krab" on one of Latrobe's videos, that looked like a hell of a lot of fun. But I never got a chance to take part.  It would be nice if planners of these events could announce them in all the arenas, like the special event hosts do !
What I have been looking for . Thanks for posting .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
I'm just basically waiting on the graphics update I'm hoping that it will rekindle my interest in the game, if not I'm going uninstall it and look or something else after 12 years the games just got stale.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »
I'm just basically waiting on the graphics update I'm hoping that it will rekindle my interest in the game, if not I'm going uninstall it and look or something else after 12 years the games just got stale.
i know what you mean .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 07:09:38 PM »
Us Menacing Ferrets often end our squad nights (Mon/Thu) with a trip to the death canyon.  I think from now on, we'll broadcast our intent on the public channel and see if anyone else wants to join in.  There's no better way to practice your ACM. I just wish they'd turn the ragwings on in there so we could go Great War once in awhile.

This is one of the topics we were discussing. I believe Etec was going to talk to one of the guys who do Special events and see if this could be done as one.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »
What I'm worried is that the graphics update is the death rattle of AH. You gotta figure that if things don't pick up, at some point, registration is going to drop below the line of profitability, and HTC is going to close it down.

just curious to find out why you think the graphics update will kill the game?  do you have access to some stuff we dont?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
Just checked...I have stats all the way back as far as they are kept in the "score" section.  :old: That's 15 years. I was amazed. It was great to see old names like AKCurly, Mandoble, Shamus, etc. Guys I haven`t seen in years.
I guess they found the game stale before I did.
I too have reached that point finding the game more of an irritant than a fun competition; and I know a bunch of graphics eye candy with the upcoming update isn't going to change that. I would probably need to spend a bunch for a computer that would run it anyway :rofl
So, good health to everyone (who knows, I might be back next winter)
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.